Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey making new friends - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #1
Single Army Mommy
I am New

Single Army Mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Any advice for a shy girl that has a hard time making new friends? I am very shy when I first meet people and I don't really open up until I feel comfortable with someone. This does make it hard to make new friends. I have always been that way and I just moved to another counrty!!! So I am pretty much having to start over from scratch, . I went out with my new co-worker about 3 weeks ago and it was so refreshing to be able to go out with another mother....you have no idea. I am in the army so most people that I work with do not have kids...I have always been one of the only females in every unit that I have been in to have kids. I am 25 with 2 children...Well I am not sure how to break the ice with new people here. Looking to try something new. I will be here for 2 years so I am trying to make the most of it.
Single Army Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I know how you feel and have struggled with this until about 2 years ago. The key to most people is that they like to talk about themselves. So, be prepared and willing to ask lots of questions (granted, not nosy). Also, I have made an effort to walk into every room as if I own it and all eyes are on me. Confidence will often overshadow any shyness.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Mr. Rogers
Active Board Parent

Mr. Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want to meet some of the local koreans, look into their local colleges and university, their is often a group practicing english or know english learning the culture, since you are about college age that shouldn't be odd ( plus they can show you around the best areas) the only thing is alot of university kids are anti military so expect some grief for that