Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Custody - Visitation

Old 07-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
Aboom
I am New

Aboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default End of summer visitation

Our orders basically say the "child returns prior to the commencement of the fall school term." So when is that supposed to be when the noncustodiasl parent is not responding to my suggestions and requests for her input? I would appreciate help with whats the best course of action since shes not communicating and school starts aug 14th? If shes going to try and keep him, which is possible, should i do something asap to avoid him being enrolled where she lives? She lied to get visitation so im concerned. Thank you.
Aboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
Dad1st4boys
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: End of summer visitation

Talk to your lawyer. They are the best in knowing the local court and how it deals with orders.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #3
Aboom
I am New

Aboom is an unknown quantity at this point

I was hoping to get some of your thoughts prior to doing that.
Aboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:35 PM   #4
Dad1st4boys
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboom View Post
I was hoping to get some of your thoughts prior to doing that.
I learned the hard way to get a lawyer. Find one who knows the laws of that state and knows the local court's norms

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:20 PM   #5
DaddyCakes
The Other White Meat!

DaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Like Dad 1st, I also learned the hard way. I'm just thankful I had a good lawyer.

First of all, loos at the custody order as well as the state guidelines for your state. Was the other parent allotted a specific period of time during the summer? If so, and that time has het, then go get the kid. is she refuses, you may need to have the local police with you but they may nod do anything unless the court order specifically spells out time periods and dates.

Some states say that all the year's parenting dates need to be set by a certain day. always best to get all the dates in writing and delivered by Certified mail if possible with signature confirmation. If the other parent objects to what you spell out, try talking about it and if nothing else, then mediation or back to court. but that gets ugly and expensive.

Hope your local family court website has some state specific advise. and remember, if you have physical custody, the school cannot register the child. if they do, you simply show up with the police at the school to get the kid and file contempt against the other parent.

Good luck.

-DC