Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey alone for christmas - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Ex's

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #1
mandy1103
I am New

mandy1103 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just recently found out my husband has done some things that could really hurt me and my son. I made him move out and he wants to try to work things out. Right now I feel very betrayed and all I want to do is what is best for my son. Since he was born I've been working part time, now that my husband is gone I have to go back to work full time. I am terrified of never seening my son due to long hours. Also his first birthday is in a few days and I imagined it to be so much different than it will. It's very depressing when one day life is wonderful and the next day you find out your husband has been lying to you for months and he has a whole nother side to his life. If any one has any words of encouragement I could use them. Thanks.
mandy1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
mandy1103
I am New

mandy1103 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just recently found out my husband has done some things that could really hurt me and my son. I made him move out and he wants to try to work things out. Right now I feel very betrayed and all I want to do is what is best for my son. Since he was born I've been working part time, now that my husband is gone I have to go back to work full time. I am terrified of never seening my son due to long hours. Also his first birthday is in a few days and I imagined it to be so much different than it will. It's very depressing when one day life is wonderful and the next day you find out your husband has been lying to you for months and he has a whole nother side to his life. If any one has any words of encouragement I could use them. Thanks.
mandy1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 10:53 PM   #3
mom of 2
On the Board

mom of 2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know how it is to have one image of life one minute and then to have it gone the next. It isn't easy. When my life changed like that, I worked harder and took more classes. I completed 15 graduate hours in 2 months! Somehow, we get through. Focus on your child. When I think about being "alone" for the holidays, I just think about my children and how much they mean to me. They are the future! Good luck!
mom of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:42 PM   #4
Nalongo
I am New

Nalongo is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mandy1103:
[qb]I just recently found out my husband has done some things that could really hurt me and my son. I made him move out and he wants to try to work things out. Right now I feel very betrayed and all I want to do is what is best for my son. Since he was born I've been working part time, now that my husband is gone I have to go back to work full time. I am terrified of never seening my son due to long hours. Also his first birthday is in a few days and I imagined it to be so much different than it will. It's very depressing when one day life is wonderful and the next day you find out your husband has been lying to you for months and he has a whole nother side to his life. If any one has any words of encouragement I could use them. Thanks.[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There r alot of women out there that r going through what ur going through re: guilt of work and quality time with ur child. Try not to beat ur self up about it the reality is u cant do anything about it. From my exp. u learn to make the most of the time u have with ur child. As he's still young and does not have to get up at a certain time for school could u tell yourself I'll spend x amount if hours with him when I get in from work. Hopefully by the time he starts school things would have worked itself out and you'll be able to organise ur time better. I think quality is better than quantity. Another thing I used to do which could also be shooting yourself in the foot was sleep with my children at least thats approx 8 hrs together!! I dont know if thats useful
Nalongo is offline   Reply With Quote