Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Good Advise from a Mans Perspective - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents of ALL boys

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
penndon50 Female
I am New

penndon50 is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Good Advise from a Mans Perspective

I would like to know were would you look for Good advise for a teen age boy from a mans perspective ?
penndon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Good Advise from a Mans Perspective

Lots of single dads around here.........what specifically do you need a male perspective on?
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
penndon50 Female
I am New

penndon50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is their some were online that would have something like what a man should know and questions me ask that he mite ask at random
penndon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:10 PM   #4
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

You could google "raising boys". That should get you a lot of choices where to look for info. However, Muskie is correct. We have wonderful men here. To my experience, their perspective is not all that different that ours. After all, they are doing the job with the same goals...to raise healthy, well rounded youngsters.
Now, their perspective on dating might be a little different.....

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Muskie has 3 boys, I have 4, Motherboard raised 4 sons.... I think we have survived a few...

Check out Focus on the Family.http://www.focusonthefamily.com/

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #6
GrassWidow Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

GrassWidow is an unknown quantity at this point

You've been offered good suggestions. I would add looking for a book or so, too. I have a son who just turned 14. His father left when he was 9, so he lives with me and his two older teen sisters. I myself grew up (in an intact family) with one sister. I had NO CLUE about how to raise a boy, esp. through puberty!

Puberty-related issues, and how to address them without making him completely uncomfortable, were my main concern. I can let you know of two books I got that helped, but I'm not sure what your specific concerns are.
GrassWidow is offline   Reply With Quote