Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Newly single mom in need of advice - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
monamigabi Female
I am New

monamigabi is an unknown quantity at this point
beg or prayer Newly single mom in need of advice

I am asking for people to not judge my situation and please no negativity, I just need unbiased advice. 4 years ago I fell for a man who turned out to be living with another woman. I had no idea until I found her on social media, figured everything out. He wouldn't admit anything until a year later when she called me and we spoke about everything. I moved out of the country for a job opportunity and decided to move on with my life. She told me she was going to leave him, and after I moved away he kept calling me begging me to come back. Like an idiot I moved back and fell into his arms. He said he was moving out and things were over with her. Then I got pregnant. I had my beautiful baby 7 months ago. Since then he has not moved out of their house. He calls me every day to check on the baby, tells me he loves me, but is not supporting me financially. He comes to visit 2-3 times/week for a few hours but doesn't help with the baby, just wants to play with her. I feel like a single mom and I didn't expect this to be my life.
monamigabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Newly single mom in need of advice

If he truly loves his child he will share the expenses of providing for her. She is not a plaything he can amuse himself with and then put her back on the shelf at the end of his visit as though she were a toy.
I would be seeking financial assistance. He prob. figures that if he puts in an appearance and appears concerned and loving, that you will not seek support money.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
MsSimone Female
I am New

MsSimone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newly single mom in need of advice

my baby's father is married and since i got pregnant his family got them moved to another country to go to med school. his family supports them both and since he doesn't work no support will come my way. i asked him to pay for my baby's health plan but recently his family said nasty things about me and since then i'm not sure i want anything from them. i've asked him not to let this child be mine alone, but he refuses. i have two jobs and live with my parents, i don't need him and this is the best thing i can do for my daughter, in my opinion. i understand children need both parents, but in this messed up situation, she'll be better off.
MsSimone is offline   Reply With Quote