Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Work at Home jobs - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> School & Work Life > Extra Income

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Redeemed Female
Banned For Spam

Redeemed is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Work at Home jobs

I have been researching on the web for quite a while now for international work-at-home jobs. Its a pity that most of the sites I come across do not look genuine but more like scams. I am in serious need of an extra income to suppliment my employment to be able to provide for my 3 kids. Anyone that can guide/refer/advice....please help.

Redeemed
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Work at Home jobs

The one I know is legit and does pay is one
http://singleparentsnetwork.com/cgi-...ump.cgi?ID=161

not sure if they except out of America / Canada

good luck
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Kozzy
Active Board Parent

Kozzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I always suggest to create your own business.
My daughter has recently started selling her various crafts online and brings in a few hundred dollars a week.
Kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherBoard View Post
The one I know is legit and does pay is one
http://singleparentsnetwork.com/cgi-...ump.cgi?ID=161

not sure if they except out of America / Canada

good luck
hmm...This is legit Robin?? I actually did a little google search yesterday on an in home call centre type thing. Seemed kind of sketchy though. Might check into this one. Still no job
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

The site came to my attention years back due to many members using it, I even signed up it was $7 and what one got was a database of legit companies, support resources and tools from the site. Like a repository of all one needed. The site would only list a company if the company, in there search, it was good. Really you could gather all the stuff for free, but that would take your time and research.

Since it worked out for me then, I searched through the affiliate company Single Parents Network belongs to and they were there, and I applied, and they accepted us. I just checked and the affiliate company still has good marks on that company all these years later.

The other one, I also do and was at the affiliate company was the ones that I have placed in the space just below the first post in each thread.

I had even been a Nelson house for a year, it was only a couple of dollars a month, but all I had to do is fill out a survey from them once a month that had like 10 questions and send it back in a self address envelope they provided.

In the shop area at
http://singleparentsnetwork.com/Shop and the income area http://singleparentsnetwork.com/Shop...ome/index.html
there are also some other sites that list job requests, like modeling, voice, or singing and then there the regular jobs sites. additionally if anyone uses the links on Single Parents Network sites, we get a few cents here and there, but at the end of the year it helps some. Better then nothing.

I have used these, and I always ask if there are any site you use regularly and trust [only from member I have grown to trust], let me know and Ill see if they are apart of the affiliate network Single Parents Network belongs to and Ill add it to the shop area, so to help the network.

hope that helps better understand why i pick the adverts that I do.

The site is a a gathering of other site looking for positions to fill - They look out for legit offers, and help with writting, type of software, really just a hub but legit
Old 10-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
KathiMora Female
I am New

KathiMora is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you try medical transcription or medical coding billing? There are many legit companies that offer work from home opportunities. You can also try freelance write and register as an author with websites like Textbroker. For writing you may not need any training but for work from home careers in healthcare, you may need short training, but certifications may not be required.
KathiMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
Redeemed Female
Banned For Spam

Hi KathiMora,

Thank you for the advice I will give it a try

Redemeed
Old 11-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

JustAnswer.com. If there is something you specialize in, you take a test-become certified- and choose which questions to answer, and get paid. I have not done it yet, but one of my professors swears by it.

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Redeemed Female
Banned For Spam

Hi Woodsimply,

Thank you for your idea on the work at home jobs, I appreciate. I will check it out.

Thanks

Redeemed
Old 11-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

Mother, are these really legit? Im so skeptical on things like this, and would love to find something I could do at home.

What have you tried on this site? And can you make a decent income doing it?
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

The ones that I have posted, yes, they are legit.

I've worked for them also, I cant say that one can make a Descent living, but I have made extra in my time that Im parenting and when my children don't need me.

I have a milk crate with folders in them and at the moment there are 300 company i have worked for over the years, never had a bad one yet, and after all this time, there are some companies that will call me first and offer extra money so that they can get the job done fast and they know what they are getting from me, so at present there are about 10 companies that keep me busy with the time that i can give.

I would think that a descent living would be subjective, and depend that work , works fro you. As I stated, these are repository places, they list companies, and resources to help you do these freelance type jobs. Additionally, they do there absolute best to make sure they are all legit, The Freelance website has it spattered everywhere that if one of there listed companies ask for money up front, to NOT do it, and one can notify them and give them a heads up.

hope that helps.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #12
SingleMomAZ Female
Board Blazen Parent

SingleMomAZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an Independent Scentsy Consultant. Many consultants have their own goals and there are a lot of them who truly make a living off of it. It's definitely NOT a scam nor a scheme

Scentsy is a wickless candle heated by a low wattage light bulb. COMPLETELY SAFE around children as the wax only melts to body temperature (my daughter has stuck her finger in the wax and has never been burned). the scents last for a LONG time too! There are 80+ scents with tons of different warmers to suit various decors and change with holidays = ) Currently, I have clove and cinnamon warming in my warmer and it has been going strong for 4 days using 2 cubes of wax.

Also, unlike traditional candles there is no soot or harmful toxins released into the air and it doesn't burn therefore no fire!

My team is AMAZING! Please feel free to check out my website http://aprilnosescents.scentsy.us and if you would like to check it out (try before you "buy" so to speak) I can pm you the number to listen to our team call! We have new consultant calls every Thursday and team calls every Saturday. After you listen to the call, tell me 3 things that caught your "eye" and I will mail you a special gift = )

Please let me know if you have any other questions via pm. I would be glad to help anyone out.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #13
zemiller Female
I am New

zemiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you willing to go back to school to get trained for these jobs? I am asking this because any genuine work-at-home job will require you to have certain skills and if you don’t have these skills, you may not qualify for these jobs.

And when I say go back to school, I don’t mean a four-year university of even junior college but it can be vocational. State Colleges have many to choices from.
zemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #14
MamaStrong Female
I am New

MamaStrong is an unknown quantity at this point

www.fiverr.com is a great site for extra income. It's not a lot, but you can create your own "gigs" and create custom offers. Take a look and see if there is something you can do (editing, cooking, web design, etc).
MamaStrong is offline   Reply With Quote