Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single Parents everywhere. I need advice - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Your Parents as Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-07-2015, 12:36 PM   #1
kesha mu Female
I am New

kesha mu is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Single Parents everywhere. I need advice

Hi everyone, my name is kesha. I'm 16 and I don't have anychildren. Don't worry. I'm here because my mom is a single parent and maybe you can help understand her. In the house, my mom has lost power over my younger brother (14 years old). He is able to go wherever he wants , and do whatever he wants, simply because my mom doesn't want her doors broken again. The weird part is that she buys him stuff,so she won't feel guilty for not providing. Just recently she bought a new tv and computer for her " work", but the real reason was for my brother. She believes buying this items will make him stay in the house more and she won't need to be worried anymore. It isn't helping.

Just recently there was a fight and my brother sad " Don't tell me what I can watch" at my mom and now he runs the living room. He sleeps there, eats there , everything. I keep telling her to just cancel the netflix, but she won't listen. I've asked friends, and even kidshelpphone They all say I have no say and I know that, but I just feel I could do something.
kesha mu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Single Parents everywhere. I need ad

Hey kesha, Welcome, i moved your thread to its own forum, for better exposure and get support.

so now that , that is out of the way. Have you talk with any school counselors?
They may know some local resources, and or your brother and could offer up some suggestions.

Have you chatted with your mom about this? What did she say?

hang in there

and read through the many many threads in this section, on others who parents are single parent.
---> http://singlefamilyvoices.com/forum/...splay.php?f=25
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

hi kesha, welcome!! I"m sorry--I don't have any words of wisdom for you--but I'm hopeful that some of our veteran parents will come along--there's a great many who have kids who are older and may be able to chime in and help.

out of curiosity--what is the time sharing schedule (if there is one?) with your dad? Could he help or...is he out of the picture...?

hang in there!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #4
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Hey Kesha! My kids are about the same age but 17 & 14. My 14 yr old (youngest of 3) is a lot harder to handle than my others.

I think a lot of it, for my situation, is the 14yr old had just turned 2 when his dad and I split. So, a lot of his younger years were spent in turmoil, dads not a good 'fatherly figure', has always had a problem, and vocalizes it often, with authority figures. Lots of other issues safety and otherwise.

But there's a reason a lot of my friends call me Sarg

I think talking to the school counselor like MB suggested is a good idea.

I would also try talking to your mom a bit. Let her know how it affects you and Im sure with it escalating a bit, it worries you also, safety wise. I have a 21 yr old son also and I called the cops on him before, actually I've called the police on all 3 of my kids

My Nanny always said, if you don't run your house, your house will run you.

It is hard thou. There is a certain fear behind being a woman raising a man. Especially when they start getting bigger.

You could also speak to your school resource officer. They have acces to resources as well.
How is his behavior at school?

Also, if you and your brother are on any state insurance resources, counseling is free or very cheap. We did intensive in home therapy for a year with my 14yr old via state insurance. It helped here, and it was free.

Good luck! Wish I had more advice for you

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:06 AM   #5
klawson770 Male
I am New

klawson770 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Kesa!! I am sorry for you. I think the first thing that you are doing chat with your mom and discuss them. I think conservation is the best solution to every problem. I saw many people who suffer this problem.

Good luck!! I wish this advice are helping you.
http://www.myfamilydnatest.com/
klawson770 is offline   Reply With Quote