Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Divorce / Seperation

Old 06-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
odl1023
I am New

odl1023 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lost and angry

3 weeks ago I found out my wife has been cheating on me. We have beautiful 4 yr old boy. I found out by the wife of this man. When this came to light I confronted her and she said they only kissed and it was a mistake we are only friends, I and the other wife knew better. I did believe my wife in the beginning and I tried very hard to save my marriage yet she said it was to late, there was no hope. I was crushed. She moved to her mothers and we rotate with our son on a 4 to 5 day rotation. At first I was devasted then anger took over. I had self pity for a day then sucked it up and went to work. I talked to her within the week and tried to convince her this guy just wants a piece of a** and he's not going to leave his wife, yet this was all for nothing. The other wife and I have been communicating back and forth and it was pretty obvious one night they were together and we can only assume they slept together. At that point I gave up. I demanded we get a divorce and I did not want to get any lawyers involved, this actually would be in her best interest as she makes more than me. I keep telling her I want a clean brake, sell the house she can most of the ____ we own I just want whats mine. Yet she won't talk to me about it and she avoids the conversion completely. At this point I have decided to step back and get my emotions in control. Someone told the emotional divorce is the hardest part. They were right as rain. I am wreck, for some reason I miss her very much. My son is the hardest hit in all of this, he does not understand why mommy and daddy can't live together. I tell my wife this and all she says is it will get better, he'll get used to it. I just want scream at her and tell her to stop being so selfish and put your sons needs in front of your for once. But I don't, I am trying to be nice and just come to the fact that my wife is dead, I share parenting with a woman who does not deserve to be the mother of anyone especially my son. I know I am angry at her for her actions, yet I catch myself missing the woman I married. The kind of person who hated people she has become. I don't understand what went wrong? I need closure yet she won't talk to me at all. I am just looking for some advice.

Thanks
ODL
odl1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Lost and angry

Unfortunately, you are not alone in this...read around, many of us have been through this....some still going through it...good luck and vent away...
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
helpmeact
On the Board

helpmeact is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey man,

Sorry to hear about this.
I know things are tough because I'm going through a similar thing.

I don't know much about advice, but I'll tell you what I've done and maybe that can help.

Went online and read a whole bunch of things about steps leading to divorce and started to see things more from her point of view. I actually realized I did consider her point of view, but that I did not support her the way she wanted. The thing is that I have given her her space. I don't want to "convince" her we are good together.

If you are looking to stay, give it time.
If you want to clean up the divorce and end it, that I do not know how to go about things.

Sorry again.
helpmeact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
odl1023
I am New

I want her to realize the impact of her actions. I am not the only one who is getting hurt, her son is. He is the most important and yet she is so self absorb it is unthinkable. I want her to come crawling back so I can tell to get lost. The up and downs of the emotions are horrible I just want them to go away so I can be done with her.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by odl1023 View Post
I want her to realize the impact of her actions.
Sorry, but I think if you read around here, you will see this is very unlikely to happen. Women who think like your wife, are not thinking of anyone else's feelings. And are likely never to think that way.

Now, you might not be ready to think about this, but divorce is a game of strategy and planning your moves many ahead. You have a child to think about right now. I would suggest trying to remove your emotions long enough to coldly calculate enough to protect your son and your own assets.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
luv4kids
Lively & Zealous Parent

luv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant futureluv4kids has a brilliant future

yes- i'm two yrs into the same scenario. they never see. the "oh they'll get used to it" is classic. That's EXACTLY what mine says- he doesn't see the severe damage he has done to his children. It's awful. They're awful, but the key i think is that they were always that way actually. We just catered to it enough so they continued to be in the relationship, until their true sides show through cause we couldn't simply give enough anymore. They're takers. They take it al, will move on take some more until that relationship can no longer offer enough and then move on again. I've actually started warning my kids that when their dad moves through all the people that currently feel sorry for him and they are older- he will probably try to mooch off of them as well and that they don't have to be afraid to say NO to him them. Especially since he bailed on them, stole from us, and left us to figure it out alone. They are simply awful.

Hang in there!!!
luv4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Katherine89
Parent on Board

Katherine89 has a brilliant futureKatherine89 has a brilliant futureKatherine89 has a brilliant futureKatherine89 has a brilliant futureKatherine89 has a brilliant future

I'm sorry you are going through this. My ex left me for a woman whom he got pregnant while we were still together. And then blames me for the reasons we ended. Some people need to learn things in their own time. That the grass isn't always greener on the other side..that the 80/20 rule is a myth and completely un real, that the only victim in this are the children. My ex doesn't want anything to do with my son anymore..he says he has is new family and thats all he needs.

There is nothing you can do in this moment but..pick up the pieces..look at your beautiful smiling child and MOVE ON. They can always try to chase after you as your strolling down the street ready to lead a better, more fufilling life..but chances are you wont buy it.

YOU deserve to be treated better than this..and if you believe in God..just remember he has a purpose for EVERYONE! We are here for you.
Katherine89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Bluemoon
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Welcome.
Everything you are feeling is perfectly normal. Divorce is like a death. You lose something/someone who was an integral part of you everyday life. A part of you.
If the person who went away is also the person who cause the "death" then intense anger is inevitable. You have to go through the process of recovering from the blow. It takes time, no way around it.

Even after many years, I still get just a little pissed when something good happens for my X and I still feel a little thrill of vindication when something bad his way does go....especially if it's cause he got caught up to his old tricks.

Meanwhile, I have moved on emotionally enough that am able to have a civil (though as limited as possible) relationship with him for the sake of our son.
It's been 8 years...but I confess I was mostly over it when I filed for divorce.
I wouldn't have done that if I had not accepted that there was no way the marriage could ever work. I grieved while comming to that realization.

The biggest hurdle you must cross is acceptance. It's not about right or wrong or who deserves what...it's about what IS.
This IS the situation and there is not a damn thing you can do to make it anything else. You must deal with what it IS.

You will do yourself a big favor if you heed LSL's advice. The emotions you are very understandably feeling are nevertheless harmful to your future interests. They give her power over you.

If you can afford it, I would suggest you get a lawyer and follow his/her advice. Let him do your talking for you.
Many a justifiably outraged individual has had their anger used against them to play them like a fool....and divorce laws often make NO SENSE to the layman.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
odl1023
I am New

I thank everyone for their comments you have all helped in some way, thank God for this site and the people who created and run it, I thank you. Just a little update; a lot has happened. Last night I tried to talk with her and she said she doesn't have time, as always. So I text her saying thats the problem you never have time for anyone but u, I was very angry, then I text her I will file tomorrow. No reply at all. So I planned my move for the morning. I had already seen 2 lawyers for advice and have read a lot about my states laws on divorce, its a slow process if we use mediation, even slower and expensive with lawyers. I had tried several time to talk with her to make her understand how it works but she would never listen. Well I found out she spent the weekend with this guy and I let the wife know as well. Whats the saying about a woman scorn? They both work together and my soon to be ex is all about appearance, so this guys wife post all about their weekend with whole names included on facebook! Everyone at their workplace started questioning it and the "nice guy" he is deleted all his friends and shut down his facebook account. My question is why? Are you ashamed for what you both did to a little boys home? or ashamed with whom you did it with? I don't really care. I was filing divorce papers this whole time. It felt GREAT!! Next thing I know I get a text from my wife asking if we can talk this week, . I said we have nothing to talk about I have filed the papers, she replied: R u serious? And that was the last time I talked to her. Now I wait, it will take at least 10days for her to get the notice to go to the court and sign the papers, if she dosen't then I get to server her. Then if we are lucky we get a court date in a month, among other soon to be divorcee's, just to have a judge tell us to pay for mediation, then another month. So I hope by then my emotions are a little better so I can focus on what is best for my son and me. Until then I am taking it day by day. Thanks eveyone.

odl
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
mykidisfirst
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

So sorry OD- So how is the little fella holding up?
mykidisfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #11
Bluemoon
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I wish you the best of luck. It's good you have consulted with an attorney and have been educating yourself about the law.
Just remember to keep it about what's best for the child (as you have said) and keep spite, however tempting, out of the equation.
Perceived spite or revenge will damage your credibility.

I'm so sorry this has happened to your family...

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 AM   #12
LSL
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I think it is great your are educating yourself as well... BUT, and this is a huge, huge thing.. I think you might be doing a disservice by not getting an attorney. Here is why... when push comes to shove, your wife may very well decide to fight you for custody of your son. And if that happens, she will pull no punches. While you may think you understand the laws concerning divorce, the one thing I will tell you is that you likely do not. Most people make decisions that their lawyers will NEVER advise you to do. Many things that are good for your case, and counter intuitive to you.

Personally, when custody of a child is on the line, I think it is foolish to go into a fight unarmed and blindfolded... and I think that is what people do when they represent themselves.

I am trained in the law. And I can tell you that I would never, ever represent my own interests. I would pay someone else to do it for their perspective and unemotionalism.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #13
odl1023
I am New

Thanks for the advise LSL. Obviously I hope it does not come down to a custody battle. At this point we are still on the 4 to 5 day rotation, only because of her schedule, she flies every 6 weeks or so for business. I on the other hand work a normal set of hours 5 days a week. If she were to fight for custody her social life would change dramatically, as well as her career, which ALWAYS comes first, plus she would lose this guy, from my understanding he doesn't want to deal with someone else's kid full time, what a loser. Yes I know these are assumptions, and I do heed the warnings. I'n the beginning I filled out the Parental Plan and asked her to read it over very carefully, as far as I know she never did. I was very nice and civil about everything. But now things have changed. I have a lot of thinking to do. As for the little one he has changed a little, now when he is home he says he is scared to go to bed in his room, he has never said this before. The other day he saw a couple on TV and said; Daddy they live together, why can't you and mommy live together? It brakes my heart when this happens. I tell him sometimes people don't agree on things and when that happens they would rather get upset in front of you so decided not live together, but we both love you very very much, that will never change. I really didn't know what else to say. Thanks again everyone.

ODL
Old 06-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #14
Bluemoon
just an old hippie chick

I think your explaination to your son was great, but be careful with parts that make him part of the problem...ie:"in front of you".
Ya'll just had differences you were not able to fix and rather than fight all the time you decided live seperately is enough.

If Mom decides to neglect and hurt the boy, then you can talk to him about choices, how everybody gets to make them and people don't always do a very good job of it.

I think the career situation will be helpful for you, legally. It seems you truely can provide the more stable home...though once every six weeks isn't that big of a deal and her social life will basically be considered NOYB.

I suggest you start keeping a log. In it write down the date and time of anytime she does anything that is not in the best interest of the child.
If she blows off time with him, picks him up late, drops him off early, is absent for a prolonged period of time...whatever.

This will help you to keep your ducks in a row.

She may be wanting her freedom now, but if she thinks she may have to start paying child support her tune may change.
If you are 50/50, then maybe nobody will have to pay, but from the sound of things you may end up having him way more than 50% and you may become very unhappy about her lack of contribution.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:09 PM   #15
1stworldview8
Banned For Spam

1stworldview8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Breakups and Revenge

Revenge Your Ex

Each day hundreds of men and women seek revenge on their ex-mates for a
variety of reasons, usually because they got dumped or where cheated on.
Revenge comes in many ways. It typically starts by using social media to
vent, and then escalates from there. Now sites like "Get Revenge On Your Ex"
for a fee will help you get pay back or revenge.

So what is the best way to get revenge besides slashing her tires, posting
nude photos of her and so on.

The best way according to the web site Right Choices 101 is to live your
life well. This is true no matter who you are seeking revenge on. Coworkers,
past bosses, bad friends or ex-lovers. Put your energy into succeeding and
enjoying your life, not wasting your time, energy and resources on revenge
that can end up costing you much more. Plus, when you seek revenge, you send
them a massage that you have not gotten over the relationship. It's much
better to show you are indifferent and don't care.

According to Kenneth Agee of A Foreign Affair, a service that specializes in
helping men find young beautiful foreign women, "The best revenge is to date
or marry a women 10 years younger than your ex. This will piss her off to no
end. No woman ever wants to be replaced with a younger, more attractive
woman. Just like a man never likes to get replaced by a guy who is wealthier
or more successful.

I will never forget one of my first clients we took to Saint Petersburg,
Russia." says Agee, "The client told me that two days on our tour was better
than two years of therapy. Having hundreds of attractive women fighting over
you gets your ex out of your mind pretty quick.

I personally went through break up when my ex ran off with another man. But
a short time later, I met a new lady who was ten times better. I ran into
that man who stole my ex and I gave him a big thanks. In fact, I could not
thank him enough. He was stuck with an older nagging women, while I was now
with a young, beautiful, caring women. Plus, my ex had gained about 100
pounds. I don't look at that fellow as any kind of enemy but as the person
who saved me from my ex and years of suffering." This is the best a revenge
when you win without lowering yourself.

Other sites like "Get Over Her Now" give practical advice and tips for
getting over a past relationship.

Top Tips from Get Over Her Now:

Start making platonic relationships with as many women as possible, old,
young, skinny, fat, cute or ugly. This greatly helps you get back in the
game of socializing with the opposite sex. And it opens up lots
opportunities to meet their cute attractive friends in a more relaxed
environment. This also helps you build your game and confidence.

Improve yourself, start working out, get up early every day and exercise.

Buy new clothes. Dressing better makes you feel better and improves your
confidence.

Focus on work and getting a promotion or raise. Don't let a break up effect
your work negatively. Put that extra effort into work and it will pay off
with a better position and more money. This will also build your confidence
and help attract better quality women.

Any time you are depressed, improving yourself helps greatly. When you feel
depressed, don't sit and watch TV and then sleep-in late. Get out and do
something that will make you feel like you've accomplished something. Take a
class, go hiking, fix something you've been putting off.

Don't start drinking. Drinking will always have a negative impact on your
life. Don't drink while depressed or when you are trying to get over some
one. After all, drinking is for celebrating. So if you are not celebrating
something, don't drink. A quality women is not going to be attracted to
someone who drinks a lot or has a drinking problem.

Don't sleep in; sleeping late increases depression. Get up as early as you
can and go for a walk, take a hike, or go to the Gym. Research shows getting
up early and exercising can eliminate depression. You will have no game be
depressed.

Don't binge eat. If you start gaining weight, you will feel less self-worth
and lose your confidence. Confidence is a quality that women are extremely
attracted to.

Conclusion, the best revenge is when you improve your life so well that she
realizes she made a big mistake. And satisfaction comes when you meet
someone so much better, you are glad the ex is gone. After all, if you are
seeking revenge, how great could she really have been in the first place!
1stworldview8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:27 AM   #16
Dad1st4boys
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Boy, is this one a pest, does not give up easy.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #17
muskiedad
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I thought he was banned so I tried again to get him banned for spam. Hope it works. Must be someone's ex, just won't go away! LOL
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote