Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey No friends - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Illymom11 Female
On the Board

Illymom11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No friends

My entire life I have never had many friends. Since i finished high school and had my now 2 year old daughter I feel more alone then ever the only people I see are my very few coworkers my parents and my bf but I don't really have anyone to talk to. Does anyone have any advise on how to have friendships with a kid as a single mother?
Illymom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: No friends

I can't speak for specifically as a single mom...but I met most of my good close friends through playgroups for my kids when they were little. And, friends, as adults are different. Seems like becoming "close" takes so much longer. I have known them now for 9-12 years and it wasn't till the past 5-6 years. Do things you enjoy.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #3
Illymom11 Female
On the Board

Illymom11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't even know any playgroups
Illymom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Check meetup.com, check locally published community calendars, local independent newspapers, ask other moms at parks, ask daycare workers....start looking!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #5
talukdar Male
Banned For Spam

talukdar is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a friendly guy. Only problem is I don't talk much. I have only one friend in my first 19-20 years. Now I lost him. Now I have a lot more friends (but not that much), now I am living with my few friends. But I don't like them much, I prefer to be alone now. It's better when you don't have friends
talukdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:02 AM   #6
saintdic Male
I am New

saintdic is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't even know any playgroups.
saintdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:32 AM   #7
Ethuss Female
I am New

Ethuss is an unknown quantity at this point

Search through internet, there are many groups available. Maybe FB? There's plenty of opportunities out there, you just need to start looking
Ethuss is offline   Reply With Quote