Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey New Member in SE Michigan/Oakland Co. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Michigan

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
pneumaphile Female
I am New

pneumaphile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member in SE Michigan/Oakland Co.

(cross-posted in the "intros" section here)

Hi, Michiganders,

I just joined the forum today. I live in in Berkley, in Oakland County, just northwest of Detroit.

I joined because I realized that since moving to Michigan from Ohio almost a year ago, I've made professional connections, church acquaintances, and even have a boyfriend, but do not have any close female friends here to hang out with, talk with, share experiences with. Of course, I'm still in contact with my friends from back home in Ohio, but it's not the same. My boyfriend and I had a fight day-before-yesterday, and as I'm reflecting on the reasons for it, and trying to grow from the experience, I'm realizing that I'm expecting him to be be too many things for me - to meet too many needs. I needs some friends to just talk with and share experiences with so I'm not laying it all on him, you know? Plus, I'll be happier with a wider circle of friends.

I try to be more of an IRL person than an internet person, but between working and raising kiddos by myself, there's not much time to find friends. I love my church, but it's small, and almost all the members there are either married couples, or young, childless singles who don't have much in common with a 40yo single mom of 3.

If anyone in SE Michigan would like to get together for coffee, or just even start some email or phone conversations, I would just love that.

Warmly,
Amy
pneumaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member in SE Michigan/Oakland Co

Im from the same area as you. I have 5 kids Anyhow, welcome
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
pneumaphile Female
I am New

pneumaphile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommarose View Post
Im from the same area as you. I have 5 kids Anyhow, welcome
Hi, Mommarose! Thanks for the welcome! Mothering 5 kiddos by yourself is an amazing thing you're doing.
pneumaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

I'm remarried now, but they didn't kick me out

So Im not alone
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote