Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Southeast Michigan - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Michigan

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #1
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
Default Southeast Michigan

Wow. Looks like there aren't many MI parents that post here much. I'm in southeast Michigan. Closer to Pontiac than Detroit.

Been a single parent most of my kids lives.

Their birth father left us when they were ages 1 and 2.
I remarried when they were 6 and 8.
Their step father left us in 2010. They are teenagers now.

I kind of feel like a failure to my kids. I hope that being abandoned by two fathers doesn't mess them up for life. We're just now getting on our feet and starting our new lives over. They seem to be adjusting (maybe better than I am).

Never thought I'd be a single, middle-aged mother, but here I am.
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Southeast Michigan

Im from southeast Michigan.

Welcome to the board
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
balloons Re: Southeast Michigan

Hi mommarose! Gorgeous day out today.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Welcome to SFV Mocha!!

I hear Michigan is gorgeous!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Welcome! I know my kids might have issues but is there anybody really that doesn't have a few issues? They may have had two men leave but there Mom is there and that will be enough.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsimply View Post
Welcome to SFV Mocha!!

Someone lied to you, LOL

Yes, it was a beautiful day today. Hopefully it will stay that way for a while
Old 05-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #7
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

Michigan IS gorgeous. I love the seasons. I've lived elsewhere and I missed them terribly.

Thanks Sara! You're sweet. {HUGS} I hope you're right!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome MochaMom, glad you found our hideout
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome to our Hide Out!!!

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsimply View Post
If you like Northern Ohio you will love SE Michigan!

Welcome to SFV, Mocha. I will be vacationing at an inland lake cottage in SE MI later this summer - I can't wait.

If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights???

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~William Gibson
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #11
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hi MochaMom,

I grew up in Michigan, and all I can say is: you can take the girl away from Michigan, but you can't take the Michigan from the girl! Michiganders all the way!!!

And I agree with sara, *you* are in their lives and that is what counts. HUGS.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
pneumaphile Female
I am New

pneumaphile is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, MochaMom,

I just joined the forum today. I live in Berkley, in Oakland County, just northwest of Detroit.

I joined because I realized that since moving to Michigan from Ohio almost a year ago, I've made professional connections, church acquaintances, and even have a boyfriend, but do not have any close female friends here to hang out with, talk with, share experiences with.

I try to be more of an IRL person than an internet person, but between working and raising kiddos by myself, there's not much time to find friends. I love my church, but it's small, and almost all the members there are either married couples, or young, childless singles who don't have much in common with a 40yo single mom of 3.

If anyone in SE Michigan would like to get together for coffee, or just even start some email or phone conversations, I would just love that.

Warmly,
Amy
pneumaphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

Hi Hi Pneumaphile!

I'm in the Waterford / Commerce area, a bit of a ways from you but I don't mind a drive here and there.

We should totally plan a coffee day. I'm with you, no time to breathe let alone make new friends. My church is the exact same way as yours. I don't really fit in anywhere.

Kind of been in a funk lately. An "I don't care about anything" funk. Not my life, my job, my looks. My head tells me to pull it together but I just don't FEEL like it yet.

One day at a time, right?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:33 AM   #14
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

I think I need some IRL friends as well. I will be in between the two of you location wise very shortly (royal oak area) or somewhere in there.

Once I move up there, I wont have anyone around anymore (all my family is downriver), and my husband will be working crazy overtime for the next several months.

I would love to meet some other moms around my age as well