Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Friends in Michigan - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Michigan

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-06-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
lilmama929
I am New

lilmama929 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found this site and I'm a newbie. Anyways I'm a 23 year old single mother of a one year old daughter. Let's just say that my daughter was the best thing that happened to me. Before her who knows where my life was going. Now I have so much direction and I see the world through a whole new set of eyes...my daughters and its wonderful. In the process though the people that I thought were my friends turned out not to be and probably never were but I'm just now realizing it. Well I'm looking to find more people that are more like me to start new friendships with. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I would love to meet some new people so please contact me if you would like. Thanks.
lilmama929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
Abrcrmb77
I am New

Abrcrmb77 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI i am a 20 year old single mom from muskegon. (Also new to this site) I go to school in GR. I have a little boy who is one tomarrow. I have the same problem with friends. I have a couple friends but none of then truly understand what i am going through. I also just got out of a really bad relationship, so if you would like to talk sometime please e-mail me Abrcrmb77@yahoo.com

---Bobbi
Abrcrmb77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #3
TiredMom
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

TiredMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by lilmama929:
[qb]I just found this site and I'm a newbie. Anyways I'm a 23 year old single mother of a one year old daughter. Let's just say that my daughter was the best thing that happened to me. Before her who knows where my life was going. Now I have so much direction and I see the world through a whole new set of eyes...my daughters and its wonderful. In the process though the people that I thought were my friends turned out not to be and probably never were but I'm just now realizing it. Well I'm looking to find more people that are more like me to start new friendships with. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I would love to meet some new people so please contact me if you would like. Thanks.[/qb]
TiredMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM   #4
TiredMom

TiredMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Im kind of an older mom than you guys, im 34 but with a teenager, shes 15 and they are like a whole new breed of animal i swear. Anyway im in Michigan and looking to make new friends, let me knwo if you care to chat.
TiredMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:48 PM   #5
mich.mom30
I am New

mich.mom30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by lilmama929:
[qb]I just found this site and I'm a newbie. Anyways I'm a 23 year old single mother of a one year old daughter. Let's just say that my daughter was the best thing that happened to me. Before her who knows where my life was going. Now I have so much direction and I see the world through a whole new set of eyes...my daughters and its wonderful. In the process though the people that I thought were my friends turned out not to be and probably never were but I'm just now realizing it. Well I'm looking to find more people that are more like me to start new friendships with. I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I would love to meet some new people so please contact me if you would like. Thanks.[/qb]
mich.mom30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 09:16 PM   #6
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Evestar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm 23 a single mom and from the Grand Rapids area. I know very few single parents, and none around my age. I have a son who will be 5 next month. Last month I graduated from College, and now have some free time but very few people to talk to. I have a few close friends that I've known since before my son was born, they've all gotten married and seem to have less and less time to do anything. I look foward to making new friends!!
Evestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:11 PM   #7
madisonjades
Learning to Surf The Board

madisonjades is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a soon to be single mom.. five months pregnant.. and lost a very large amount of my friends.
I have one friend outside of work i am sorta close to but no one who understands all of this.. I am in the Wyandotte.. area of michigan.. free to chat...
madisonjades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 06:38 PM   #8
thelynder

thelynder is an unknown quantity at this point

I, too, am in Michigan, the southeastern part. Been here my whole life. I have a question...has anyone around here tried the Parents without Partners organization?? I researched them on the net, got some info, but have no word of mouth reference as to how beneficial meetings as such are....??
thelynder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:08 PM   #9
madisonjades

madisonjades is an unknown quantity at this point

Never heard of them.. Where are they located. pass along the info
madisonjades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #10
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Parents without Partners?? I think I looked into them. If I remember correctly you have to pay to join, is that correct??
Old 01-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #11
klms23
I am New

klms23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by thelynder:
[qb] I, too, am in Michigan, the southeastern part. Been here my whole life. I have a question...has anyone around here tried the Parents without Partners organization?? I researched them on the net, got some info, but have no word of mouth reference as to how beneficial meetings as such are....?? [/qb]
klms23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 07:05 PM   #12
klms23
I am New

klms23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for some type of physical meeting for single parents, if anyone from michigan, can help me out, that would be great!!!!
klms23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 09:53 AM   #13
Jardin

Jardin is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know of any physical meeting place, either-- but I have found that posting and chatting is very helpful for me! I've tried several on-line dating services over the years-- and frankly, they can be more trouble than they're worth. Never tried parents w/out partners, though...

Anyway, me? I'm OLD! :-) I'm a 38 yr old mother of two boys, ages 11 and 9. I've been divorced six years. I also have a foster daughter living with me-- she's 22 now, but has been living with us off and on since she was a teenager. She has a young son (2 yrs.) who is, at present, living with the father's parents ( a very long and not so happy story). Well, we're here in Michigan, too!
Jardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:10 PM   #14
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Hello,
I haven't been on in like a month. I got really sick (better now) and bought a house. I finally had time to get the computer out of the box and get a land line phone so I could get the internet. Its been very crazy, but injoyable. Ever since I got pregnant all I wanted for my son was for us to get a house to call ours and not live with my parents anymore. Well I got through college, make decent money and now were on our own, dispite what sooo many people thought when I got pregnant at 17. Its time now to perhaps get some sort of social life!!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #15
smshybug
At A loss for Words - NOT!

smshybug is an unknown quantity at this point

I live near Traverse City, Michigan and I am looking for people to talk to, email and stuff. I dont have many friends that have children. My daughter will be 3 months old February 21, 2005 and I believe she is the best thing to happen to me. I am single and enjoying the fact that I dont have to put up with my daughter's dad because he left. His loss! Anyway, I'm open to just about anything: sarahmacq@msn.com
smshybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #16
MelaMom
I am New

MelaMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I am brand new to this site. I live in Oxford, MI. I am 43 years old (so older than all of you) with four children ranging in age from 11 to 3 1/2. I have lived in Michigan for almost 15 years and have no family around as I am originally from Buffalo, NY. I have an awesome church family, but none of them are single parents and really don't understand how I feel sometimes ~ it is hard to explain to someone who hasn't been there about being lonely, frustrated, tired. I love being home with my kids, but it gets hard and lonely sometimes. I am not looking for a new partner right now. I know when the time is right he will come. Just looking for friends to talk to and share with right now. I work from my home so I don't get out a lot ~ making friends that way but not anyone close by. It is nice to see so many single parents sharing and offering friendship ~
MelaMom is offline   Reply With Quote