Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey single parent Cohouse - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Michigan

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
dextergal
I am New

dextergal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default single parent Cohouse

Are you overwhelmed, desperate at times?? Stuck making difficult choices that affect your family? Do you feel out of control of your life?? Every time you manage to get ahead does your base begin to crumble from underneath you?? Are you ready to break the cycle?
There is another path to stability, another way to a sustainable lifestyle. Alone single parents are vulnerable and financially overstretched. I am seeking 3 other single parents who’d be willing to share their burdens and work together toward a brighter future. If we ban together, we could affordably rent a large house with a backyard, have childcare, and a support system. Working together we can support one another, and have the consistency we need!! Not to mention the benefits of having four parents under one roof!! Together we can have the quality of life our families deserve, and possibly great friends who actually understand your troubles. Last but not least playmates for our kids, play dates that never end!!
This is an unconventional lifestyle choice available to single parents who want break the cycle of desperation. I would like to make this happen around March, if you’re interested or just curious, contact me please!! I’d be more than happy to discuss with you the financials behind cohousing, and all the perks that come with it!!
dextergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: single parent Cohouse

Coabode.com has something like that and they do a background check.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #3
dextergal
I am New

yes i did register at their site,

without much luck!!!

they don't have anyone local,

and i want to reach a a wider base of people,

mostly because when i first heard about cohousing with other parents i was turned off at the idea of lack of privacy, used to the isolation i guess,
so i know other parents would have the same concern,

but after four years alone,

i want more, for my family, and i now realize that alone, i just can't cut it
Old 12-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #4
Robin Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Robin has a spectacular aura about

best to put an Ad in your local paper.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
best to put an Ad in your local paper.
But run a background check...you wouldn't believe some of the people who tried to rent a room here back when I had to do that....Though just telling them you are going to deters people who know what will turn up-usually.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #6
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I admit, I was cautious of this post when I first saw it...though I love the idea, even fantasize about it! Do be careful Dextergal. You have a very well written ad, but we are targets for every looney out there it seems....be very careful.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
dextergal
I am New

oh do i know,

i had someone try to scam me before,

a check cash scam,

Its like hello, single mom, do they really think for a min that i would even have that kind of money, or that i'm ignorant because i'm a single mom??
Old 12-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I think alot of scammer types think that we are desperate in some way, maybe even for money and/or that since we don't have mates there is no-one to call foul if they can get their hooks in us. Even if they can get us for just a few bucks it's a few bucks they didn't have before and if they can scam multiple people it adds up.
The elderly are preyed upon, too. I have alot of trouble with my Dad getting sucked into on-line scams...and you can't tell the old man a thing.
I know you are aware of all this, I'm just chatting, .

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

I think the scammers, it is just a numbers game. You throw enough bait out there, someone somewhere is gonna bite....and people who are most insecure about money are often the ones who will believe something that is too good to be true.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #10
yarroe Female
I am New

yarroe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dextergal. I'm in Ann Arbor, MI. I'm also looking for a single parent co-housing situation. I'm not sure I can PM yet, as I just registered, but please reply if you are still interested in co-housing. I am interested in all the benefits of co-housing.
yarroe is offline   Reply With Quote