Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey "I thought that would be the answer..." - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

PixiesX3 is an unknown quantity at this point
stubborn "I thought that would be the answer..."

Yeah and you asked because?!?!?!?!

UGH

He called me today. He asked if I was at work. I said, "No. I'm at the school. What do you need?"

"I wanted to know if, maybe, you could take XXXX instead of XXXX ($200 less) this paycheck because I will have a short paycheck due to Thanksgiving," he asked. HAHAHA Um NO!

I said, "No, not really! I have bills to pay, three kids, and Christmas is coming. You still owe me for the $50 cash in the last 2 weeks that you borrowed AND the other money that I gave you receipts for on October 16 (over $200). [pause to breathe] So, no. I cannot really do that this time."

"I thought that would be the answer," he sighed. "I'm trying to get things paid off so that I can pay you the money from the receipts."

I'm sitting there thinking, with flames flying out of my eyes in a Southerly direction, are you daft?!?! You want to owe me ANOTHER $200. I'm so not an idiot. That would put you almost $500 in debt to me. In addition to the fact that it would be almost enough for me to go to court to get his license suspended.... I can't afford to "lend" him that money.

And he's telling the kids that he's going to take them to Grinchmas at Universal Orlando the day after Christmas. I can't see how he's going to swing that. Why promise the kids something if you aren't going to do it?? Oh yes, I know why. YOU HAVE ALREADY SET THAT PRECEDENCE FOR THEM!

It's so very sad. I hate when he calls and I forget and answer. I should've let it go to voice mail. I usually do that and then e-mail him later that I saw he had called.
PixiesX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: "I thought that would be the answer.

Isn't it fun! Hang in there, vent when you need to!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

He wants to pay things off so he can pay you back? It doesn't change his total debt does it? It just means he owes other bills less and you more! The total debt does not change. It's a shell game with him and I applaud you for standing firm.

Do all exs go to the same school of economics???
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

What a prince! Gosh, like most of our ex's, yours was in the back of the line when the good Lord was handing out reasoning skills.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Sad situation, but it sounds like you are learning! Ring tones, dear. He needs his own ring tone. Something dark and scary that applies to him and him alone. Something that when you hear it it makes your heart go cold....makes you dread picking up the phone.

So sorry for your aggravation.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

LMAO Blue... I had a ringtone for him and somehow it got changed. My phone was on vibrate and I was in the middle of something at the school. Without thinking, I picked it up. UGH LOL

I'm really in a foul mood and I get even angrier at myself for letting myself waste the emotion on him. I'll get over it. I can't take it out on the kids. One year ago, I was starting to write the papers. One year ago, I was standing strong and trying to figure out where we were going to live.
One year later, now, I have a home of our own. One year later, now, I have three happy, healthy children that love me still even though he doesn't. I don't want him back. When he left, I knew it was finally time that I could let go of it. (2 Cor 7:15) It's just the grieving hasn't ended yet, I guess. I don't think I've gone through it all completely. UGH.

I am thankful for you all here.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I'm so glad you are here, too! Sounds to me like you have made amazing progress! He is like a mosquito...those Florida ones, . He's aggravating, but you have managed to find shelter from the buzz...bless you! And LOOK at the phone from now on, .

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Old 12-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #8
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Ring tones, dear. He needs his own ring tone.
Crazy Train by Ozzy

1 year? No, you probably aren't finished grieving, but you have come a long way and the worst is probably behind you! Glad to have you here!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I agree, I'm glad you found us too. And yes, you have conquered many a milestone on your journey.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:36 AM   #10
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

Yeah Pixie.
mykidisfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
OhioMomof2
Board Member

OhioMomof2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post
What a prince! Gosh, like most of our ex's, yours was in the back of the line when the good Lord was handing out reasoning skills.
I am sorry When I read this I laughed so hard I almost spit out my tea...

Sorry sweetie.. Stick to your guns.. Don't let him walk all over you. Once that starts its a never ending process. Been there done that got the shirt. I have found when I vent and tell others what ____ he puts me through reminds me #1 what he has done to me #2 I have now told someone else the ____ he does, so why do I want someone back like that..

I wish you all the best luck this site has helped me out in more ways than anyone could ever know...
OhioMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
Crazy Train by Ozzy

1 year? No, you probably aren't finished grieving, but you have come a long way and the worst is probably behind you! Glad to have you here!
My X's is...I think it's Beetothvens (boy did I butcher that spelling) 5th.
Dun-dun-dun, DUNNNNN. Dun-dun-dun, Dunnnn.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmom View Post
My X's is...I think it's Beetothvens (boy did I butcher that spelling) 5th.
Dun-dun-dun, DUNNNNN. Dun-dun-dun, Dunnnn.

I though it was Dum, dum, dum ,DUMBBBB!
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:13 AM   #14
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

HAHAHA!!! Actually I have his on the most annoying ringtone that comes with the phone. However, it used to be a Veggie Tales song... "Oh Where Is My Hairbrush!" (At 30 he is quite thin on the top.)

Ohhhh and poor him.... Mommy & Daddy deposited almost $600 in his account. And how do I know? Because instead of having them put it in his completely personal account... he has them deposit money in the joint account. Yes, still have a joint account but only so I can simply transfer the money each paycheck. Once the court stuff is complete, I will be off that account so fast that the ink will smear as I run away.