Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Random Question - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Random Question

If someone is ordered child support in one state moves to another and is arrested for a crime outside of support does it pop up into the system that they have arrears in their home state? Thank you.
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Random Question

I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

IDK, but I would imagine before it showed up across state lines there would at least have to be a contempt and probably an arrest warrant before it showed when picked up for another crime.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #4
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

I was just wondering like say years down the line theres no payment and warrant for contempt here in LA and then he moves elsewhere would he get caught up with that if arrested...it seems like once they leave the state the c.sup was filed thats that unless they return. Just wondering.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

If there is a warrant I would think it would show up. My ex has been arrested in FL and moved to AL just over unpaid traffic ticket warrants, so I am pretty for a warrant for non support would cause the same thing.

Actually, I don't think he was moved, but there was something about someone having to pay stuff here while he was in jail there??? Or maybe it was within the state. heck, there have been so many time I don't remember anymore.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #6
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

If entered into LEDS, the national warrant system, then a cop would have access to it. But usually, those are not extriditing issues, so while there might be a warrant, they won't arrest for it.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #7
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Hmmm, interesting. So sounds like if he moves thats it. *Sigh* What about obtaining work in another state and using his social, will they take out support then even if hes in another state or no? Anyone know?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 AM   #8
Schroed74
Visitor

Yes they will take out support even if he moves to another state and starts work there. Depending on how your state works it may take longer to get things in place to get it started. It's a huge PITA when you have to deal with another state. I am dealing with Texas now and they are over a year behind on sending the "new" judgement to his employer. If it does come to him moving out of state, keep on your cs office. Give them any information you can about his whereabouts, it takes less time when they don't have to track leads and then verify them.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
cswitzer126
Board Member

cswitzer126 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me ex used to get behind on his childsupport. So every year right at tax time they awould always send me his tax refund. LOL Boy, that used to really tick him off. He finally quit being behind. I think he got tired of planning on the tax refunds and wooosshh they just disappeared. LOL

I really don't know about the leaving state thing.

I know the IRS is real good at collecting though. LOL
cswitzer126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #10
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

SandS, cross that bridge when you reach it. You will go insane thinking of all the what ifs. What is it somebody said the other day about eating a moose one bit at a time? Deal with what needs to be dealt with today.

If he moves that isn't just it. It just changes how you have to deal with it. More difficult, absolutely. But it hasn't happened yet! You'll handle it if it does...

BTW, how does the whole getting the tax return thing work? I presume you have to be actively going after support and notify the IRS?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
cswitzer126
Board Member

cswitzer126 is an unknown quantity at this point

idig
Actually, All I had was a court order for withholding on the child support. The state of Illinois did this on their own. I didn't even have to request it be done. I didn't have to go back to court or anything.... I just sat back and the state of Illinois and the IRS got together.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

You may be able to ask around where you are from though. I should think it would be automatic though. Especially, if he is already behind.
cswitzer126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #12
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Yea...MA cs enforcement will do this in a HEARTBEAT! Unless my ex is SUPER fast at filing his joint tax return this year, it's gonna go towards the arrears amount stipulated on Feb. 2nd. The system is slow and it's possible, but this will be the only year he might get away with it. He might not be that bright though. Psycho-hose beeyach might be. hmmm....
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
If entered into LEDS, the national warrant system, then a cop would have access to it. But usually, those are not extriditing issues, so while there might be a warrant, they won't arrest for it.
Happens to me a lot. I make a stop for minor traffic violation and the driver pops up for an out of state warrant, Misdemeanor charge, non-extraditable. Or even a Feliony, but the state will not spend the money to extradite. Money does play heavy into the situation.

When I worked in Colorado a lot of counties will issue warrants valid only in that county. I called them "Stay out of here" warrants. It pushes a problem person to someone else's county.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswitzer126 View Post
idig
Actually, All I had was a court order for withholding on the child support. The state of Illinois did this on their own. I didn't even have to request it be done. I didn't have to go back to court or anything.... I just sat back and the state of Illinois and the IRS got together.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

You may be able to ask around where you are from though. I should think it would be automatic though. Especially, if he is already behind.
Well, my ex got over 6 years behind and I never got a tax return, but who knows if he is even filing tax returns.

I don't understand how they would know if there are arrears owed?? Oh, wait, yours must go through the court. Mine doesn't. That explains it.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #15
mommyteacher
I am New

mommyteacher is an unknown quantity at this point

If there is a warrent out for lack support it would show up because it is on his record if he just owes it and nothing has been done about it I do not believe it will show up.
mommyteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #16
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Yeah like idig said when that bridge comes then Ill try and maybe cross it but out of curiosity I looked up our local misdemeanor and felony warrants and typed in non-support under type, the list was endless and some with warrants dated way back in 94 so yeah I don't think Louisiana will be gun ho about it even if a warrant is out there unless I call and say hey he is at such and such place right now go get him and even then if it's just for support there's no way they would do it so I won't even embarrass myself. Best advice given on this get the judgment set (will be next month hopefully) and don't plan around it nor expect to receive it, that is the plan.