Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Who to believe?! Angry, Saddened Rant. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Who to believe?! Angry, Saddened Rant.

Well my original case worker had asked me to come into the office and check with her about my last court date on today and when I did "Surprise!" I have a new worker. Sigh. He was kind of put off by me, I warned him about my "persistence" and "anxiety". He was friendly but very much in haste to say this is this and well good bye. Um, no no honey, this one doesn't work like that, never has since July of last year, not gonna start now. So when he finally picked up on that we sat down and I told him the 800 c.sup enforcement number said there are notes in my case that March is the timeframe it is looking for the amount date to be set. I talked to four different agents, called at random on purpose to see if Id get different thing they all told me that usually when a note like that is there if it says March then it is March.

Okay ya'll know me I then called D.A.'s office/non support and spoke to the clerk there that I've dealt with since day one. She told me call back in two weeks and trust her that a date will be set. That would be on the 23rd, next Mon/Tues something like that. Anyways, I go see my NEW worker today and he says I have alot of cases ahead of you, your paperwork hasnt even hit my desk yet, did you submit pictures of him blah blah blah for when we serve him. I'm like yeah I had all that one me day one when I filled out the app. So he says because its not yet on his desk it can be anywhere from now to July! WTF! How did we jump from March to July. Im running out of time this boy is about to get of probation in August and the minute his p.o. says ding! you're now free to move about the country he is GONE! His 2nd bm gets out of prison in July they are going to leave, I want the order set before then so I'm not on parent locate for years and years to come.

Sigh so who do you guys think I believe? My new "lost" case worker (I'm sorry but he burned my socks this morning! grrrrr) or the D.A.'s office/non support who are the ones who set the dates and the 800 number who are both saying the same thing. I'm so nervous now. I can't do seven more months, that is insane. He says if there is nothing else he is required to do then they may very well set the date but with my paperwork not yet on his desk if they need him to do anything Im looking at from here to July. I left in tears. I just can't take this anymore. I see M in town with his son dressed alike and holding him and playing with him so obviously he's supporting him financially, of course the little baby is "labeled" like him, what about what our daughter deserves.

She entered a new daycare today and they wear uniforms, his store is the ONLY one in town that sells the colors and I can't even go in there and say can I have for your daughter. I'm going to have to order offline when he could just provide them. I hate him and if this takes to July he will be gone and the order will never be set. I'm so upset. Sorry for venting, I just feel so angry. Thanks for listening, someone, anyone.
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who to believe?! Angry, Saddened Ran

That sucks Sands I hope the 800 number and DA are right not the new worker. I would be just as fustrated as you are.. HUGS
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. It boggles the mind.
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Borealis Male
Board Blazen Parent

Borealis is on a distinguished road

Sands I'm sorry you're going thru this. IDK who to believe. Your case will get handled on their timeframe. I know it's not what you want but maybe there's a silver lining somewhere. Hang on, stay strong, advocate for yourself just like your doing. Don't lose hope!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

PixiesX3 is an unknown quantity at this point

HUGS SandS. That is so not fun! You just got the other worker broken in and now... ugh. Maybe he likes chocolate chip cookies? LOL Just kidding.

I pray that this goes forward as you have been told... in MARCH!
PixiesX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #6
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Default Some light at the end of the tunnel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiesX3 View Post
HUGS SandS. That is so not fun! You just got the other worker broken in and now... ugh. Maybe he likes chocolate chip cookies? LOL Just kidding.

I pray that this goes forward as you have been told... in MARCH!
And prayer sure does change things!!!! I called to check on my case this morning and I guess the D.A.'s office is always the one to believe because my court date has been set for March 30th! I'm so happy. Thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers because it helped. Praise be to GOD!!!!

They said that they have to serve him but that someone else can sign for it which I'm hoping happens but if he doesn't get served you know how that goes but we are talking one whole month and nearly two weeks and he lives right here and Ive given all the contact info so I think we are a go. Only thing is I didn't know that when he shows up in court they give him the option of getting an attorney to fight the support and set another court date in time for him to get a lawyer. Scary. Anyone know anything about this or had any experience with this.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #7
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Some light at the end of the tunnel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSMom28 View Post
Only thing is I didn't know that when he shows up in court they give him the option of getting an attorney to fight the support and set another court date in time for him to get a lawyer. Scary. Anyone know anything about this or had any experience with this.
I've had no experience, but as a layman I just can't see what arguement is left? Paternity has been proven repeatedly, with his probation I would think that his income, etc., is a matter of record, he doesn't want visitation or anything even close to custody, and you certainly have all your ducks in a row. So, what's left to fight about?
Old 02-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

@Blue that is what I want to know but its like the interrogatories thing even after the positive results, they have to follow a certain set of rules because he has rights and the right to still go through procedure also, at least that is how it's been explained to me and it kind of makes sense. I'm just scared because of how his family has lots of money they would fit the lawyer for him, I know he wouldn't win but it would buy more time and then hed just ignore it. I dont want him buying more time I want this over with. Well I will come back at the end of next month and let those interested know how it went...thanks Blue.

*Side note: Havent been on here lately, been wanting to comment on other posts but kind of noticed usuals who follow my story avoiding my threads like the plague . Maybe Im paranoid but you can push folks to tired of hearing the same old sad song I guess but this used to be a great place for support for me. Its still a great place for support period for anyone but when it comes to me and the subject of my case Im noticing that I don't get much feedback. Anyways, so to help someone else in Louisiana if things do finally set in stone that day (the amount) I will in order put my story (the c.sup part of it, minus feelings, my actions, the law's and system's actions and the results) so it may help someone else in Louisiana just now getting started.

Pray for me that M gets served before the date, I certainly hope so. God Bless all. Bye.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

PixiesX3 is an unknown quantity at this point

YAY that the court date is there! I hope and pray things go the way that they need to.

I haven't seen that anyone is avoiding your threads. I'm sorry you feel that way. I know that I feel that way sometimes with my friends and Sunday School class but it usually turns out that it isn't the case.
PixiesX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
normajean-sugar Female
board hopless romantic

Location: originally Pa..but Arizona is home is now. Gosh it is beautiful here :)
normajean-sugar is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so happy you have a date. I will pray for you too. I'd be very surprised if any one was avoiding your posts. I know sometimes I just don't have any great advise and figure I'd leave it to someone else may. Unfortunatley at timesthere isjust no one around who has the right advise. I haven't been around much so I guess I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure awhile back some got tired of hearing Paul and I gush about each other some even made jokes at our expense but I knew there were still people here who cared and did want to hear how we were doing so I didnt stop posting. I think you should continue to post whatever your going through and feeling for those who do care.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
littlefoot_223 Female
Board Beacon Parent

littlefoot_223 has a spectacular aura about

Sands, sorry that you are dealing with all this.
Personaly I have no experiance with all this. I know that i have no good advise to give you. I just pray that all works out for you.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too Sands,

I honestly have no experience or advice with this one. Glad you got your court date though! Hope all goes well. You will have to keep us all posted!
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #13
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

rass NEVER give up!

Well thank you to all who responded and Pixie Im glad to know Im not the only one who has felt that way one time or another. Im such a paranoid skitzo sometimes it's not even funny, well not really that extreme but Im very overanxious (as you can tell by how Ive handled my c.sup case.)

Anyways, Im headed out for work in like 10 mins and wanted to drop in and say to anyone who is feeling down on their case, for me stories like CU4A and pann's and mykidsisfirst inspired me to fight and that their is sunshine after the storm. Well today I called the DA's office to ask will I get notification when he is served and to make sure the primary address they had is correct. Him and his family are always at their family store so I told them that they need to try and serve him there first. She said oh they dont even have the store address, I was like WHAT? From day one thats where he was served the paternity interrogatories and sent notice when I first filed. So I gave it to her and asked the process, she said I will have to turn it in but wait for paperwork to return before the court date that they failed serving him at his residence before they could act on serving him at the family business which could result in another court date to allow more time. H to the NO! Ya'll know I was livid. I said how long before they give you word back and how long before you send them the info she said I can't be too sure. I asked who is doing the serving, she said the sheriff's office but it is not good to call and bug them. I said thank you and hung up.

Straight away I dialed the sheriff's office, the attendant was SO nice to me and told me don't ever feel bad for doing what you gotta do, I told her I don't, . Anyways, she took down the address and his description and I told her I would bring in a picture of him right while I was giving a verbal description the sheriff himself interrupted her and said is that the (M's last name) paperwork, she said yes. He said oh "they" called this morning, Im bout to go take the papers to him in a little while. She said ok at the and started to say the store, he finished it for her and said yeah. She said well there you go hun, hes going in a little while dont worry. I asked who is they that called from his house this morning but she said she couldnt tell me I told her believe me you have helped alot anyways. THANK YOU, .

Anyways, only thing is at the family business M has to be the one to get the papers not a family member but at the residence a family member can get it. So anyways, I pray to God that M is there to get the papers. I passed there earlier from Wal Mart and both vehicles were there. And if someone called Im sure it was his dad calling so if it was him he will hopefully do the right thing and keep M there. Fingers crossed, almost there!!!!!! Never give up guys! Going to work hopeful!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:54 PM   #14
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

WOOHOO!!! I hope he gets served!!! This has been going on SO long. I definitely know your frustration!!!

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

So glad the tide of events is running swift and in your direction. Did I miss something? You found another job? Yay!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #16
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon View Post
So glad the tide of events is running swift and in your direction. Did I miss something? You found another job? Yay!
Thank you CU4A and yeah I did Blue, it is a job in of all things collections (excuse me, soft collections, ) We don't badger or anything just give "courtesy" calls for hospitals and clinics. It is M-Thur 10a-9p, the hours are long and work is tedious, however off on Fridays, Sat and Sun and excellent benefits make up for all of that so Im liking it. It came at a perfect time also.

Oh, I just called the Sheriff's office and they said he got served yesterday. I would be like woo hoo but um...something happened that Im going to start a new thread in ex's in right now. But he finally got served for the last court date in this mess so thanks be to God on that.