Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Hearing today - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Hearing today

I have a child support hearing today. The state is trying to make it so the ex's support does not accrue for the time he was on welfare from June until March....I am fighting it. I don't think it's fair that the burden should fall on my shoulders! I am putting my ____ through school and being responsible and this is the outcome?

Anyway, it's before an Administrative Law Judge and is a call in hearing of all things! And of course, I am going pro se Hearing is mid morning pst........I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: Hearing today

Kick some ____!!

I'll be praying for you!
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

That is SO awesome!!! I can just imagine, though.....that your ex must be like SH*T!! Why did HIS ex have to become a lawyer!! AHAHAHAHA!! Serves him right. I think it's awesome you have the strength and knowledge to stand up for yourself. Good luck and let us know!

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Good luck, not that I think you need luck. You have skill! Go get em!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
DaisyDuck866 Female
Learning to Surf The Board

DaisyDuck866 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Hearing today

What!
Are you going to tell me there going to let him slide, so he can think it is okay to loss his job or be unemployed and go on welfare ,and not pay you a penny. That burns me. I really hope you win this case. He needs to help you. I'm sorry I can't say any more.
DaisyDuck866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Looking forward to hearing how this turns out...go get 'em LSL!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #7
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to hear the update..Go get 'em!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Get'em Lisa!!!

, my ex is crying she makes even less money now and her new hubby gave her a new 4 wheeler for wedding gift and she drives around in a 2009 Jeep. I wish I was so poor.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Daisy, our oh so wise governor and attorney general---in their infiniate lack of wisdom, signed a bill awhile back that suspends the arrearages of those that go on welfare......this is a reputable presumption, meaning if I can prove he made income, or that my financial situation is just as bad.....then it still accrues....I was served way back in October! I am just now getting a hearing.

I really don't know what I am doing. I had to read up on the statutes and Administrative Rules in order to figure out what the presumptions are. UGH. I did not have time for this right now! And I am figureing out how to politely say that to the judge;

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

done, order to be out within 1-2 weeks....sounds like he will be responsible for about 6 months of accrual, but I will have to eat 3 months.

He didn't bother to show.........it was just by TELEPHONE...and it was an 800 number........___ wipe.

And now I am wondering why I was shaking so hard. This guy should not bother me at all, but my body was shaking just at the thought of hearing his slimy sleazy voice........
Old 04-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
Daisy, our oh so wise governor and attorney general---in their infiniate lack of wisdom, signed a bill awhile back that suspends the arrearages of those that go on welfare......this is a reputable presumption, meaning if I can prove he made income, or that my financial situation is just as bad.....then it still accrues....I was served way back in October! I am just now getting a hearing.

I really don't know what I am doing. I had to read up on the statutes and Administrative Rules in order to figure out what the presumptions are. UGH. I did not have time for this right now! And I am figureing out how to politely say that to the judge;

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

done, order to be out within 1-2 weeks....sounds like he will be responsible for about 6 months of accrual, but I will have to eat 3 months.

He didn't bother to show.........it was just by TELEPHONE...and it was an 800 number........___ wipe.

And now I am wondering why I was shaking so hard. This guy should not bother me at all, but my body was shaking just at the thought of hearing his slimy sleazy voice........
I know what you mean about dreading the sound of their voice....I keep having to SEE mine. I wish it were just over the phone.

At least you got SOME accrual.....I wonder if they will be taking his tax return??
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #11
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute

I glad you had a little win.
You needed it, way to go.

Dawg
FlyingDevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
thedailydave Male
On the Board

thedailydave is just really nice

Awesome girlie. Good for you!
thedailydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #13
Dad1st4boys Male

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Good for you. Way to go Counselor.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #14
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

At least you get most of it. That shaking is weird.....same thing when I went to court with H's Dad. I am no longer scared of him or anything but I was shaking so badly that I couldnt even sign in in the lobby at the court house.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #15
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Yeah, it's been bothering me all day....I am not scared of him....I finally figured out that I still have yet to deal with the fact that he hurt DD so bad....I have not talked to him in 3 years, and not since that happened, or I found out it happened. I think it is all the anger welling, and the need to keep it out of my voice and just stick to business.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #16
Dad1st4boys Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1 View Post
At least you get most of it. That shaking is weird.....same thing when I went to court with H's Dad. I am no longer scared of him or anything but I was shaking so badly that I couldnt even sign in in the lobby at the court house.
It's an adrenalin dump. I got it during the finial decree hearing for my divorce. It is the fight or flight system kicking in. Not necessarily fear, just getting ready for action of some sort.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:40 PM   #17
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad1st4boys View Post
It's an adrenalin dump. I got it during the finial decree hearing for my divorce. It is the fight or flight system kicking in. Not necessarily fear, just getting ready for action of some sort.
Geez I hope my flight works when needed cuz my fight wasnt workin, couldnt even hold a pen....
Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #18
newmom1 Female
Board Blazen Parent

newmom1 is a glorious beacon of lightnewmom1 is a glorious beacon of light

I hear you on that Lisa....I was the same way when I had to go to court about CS. I had a couple of people with me to make sure I didn't fly off the handle in case the ex showed up. I'm glad that you are going to be able to get at least a little bit of accrual!
Old 04-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #19
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I know when I shake in that same situation, its because I am hold down / back something very terrible. The possibility of doing something that would end up as a permanent situation.

Its not me to have those thoughts, or feeling, and it really scares me of what I could do to him, for what he has done to my children.

Maybe searching yourself for what you have stuffed down, so to control it and not let it surface.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote