Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Amazing news!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Amazing news!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! WOOOOOOHOOOO!!! I called the DOR today on the way back from a much needed 4 day vaca in NH and WOOHOOOoooooooooo.........the results are in and he WASN'T able to do anything illegal. The lady said it's back, he IS the father (duh) and in a few weeks we should all be notified. Well, I called my lawyer and she's going to UP it fast and get the paperwork to his lawyer faster and the support should be sent SO SOON!!!! AAAAAAHHHH I'm beside myself with GLEE and it's SO FREEING not to be afraid of him and under his threats anymore. AFTER 4 years!!! YOU can't even imagine how HAPPY I am right now.

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Amazing news!!!

That is GREAT NEWS! good for you sticking to your guns.
WOOT!
Hey you had a Vacation, who said you could go:biggrin_wink: Glad you had fun, much deserved.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
comingup4air Female

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Yea...pretty impromptu and all paid for with my parents. They SMOTHERED her with love and she was really, really cute. SO good the whole time. Still big troubles with her skin and all, but we did tons of stuff and were very spoiled. Back to the grind tomorrow! On the way home I got the news so I was BEYOND excited. I couldn't wait to get on the internet and tell you guys! 4 full days off of SFV was a looooooong time for me. I missed it.
I'm still SO excited. Just to know that his threats were empty and we may not have to suffer financially much longer.
I'm still weary of last minute custody issues, but I'm gonna go with the general consensus on here that he won't.
I'm GIDDY with the news. That's how scared I used to be and now it's GONE!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I love it when good things happen to good people! His future will not be bright in the eyes of the law. When Dads deny paternity and fight tooth and nail, neglect their kid for years and have to be forced to do the right thing...."I want custody now!" doesn't carry much weight anymore. I'm so happy for you!!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmom View Post
I love it when good things happen to good people! His future will not be bright in the eyes of the law. When Dads deny paternity and fight tooth and nail, neglect their kid for years and have to be forced to do the right thing...."I want custody now!" doesn't carry much weight anymore. I'm so happy for you!!
Agreed with the above!

And I am so very glad that everything is working out! This is really good news and I could not be happier for you.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
comingup4air Female

Yea...I'm still pumped from this. Seriously. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
Linds_0606
Parent on Board

Linds_0606 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yaaaaaaaaay!! Congratulations!!!

This is so exciting. I haven't been posting much lately. But I've been checking in, believe it or not, in hopes of hearing updates about how your situation is going CU4A. And of course keeping up with everyone else, albeit silently. Very happy for you, and I hope he gets what's coming to him for denying his own child all of these years.
Linds_0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #8
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

that back child support is going to be ____......muhahahahahaha
Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 AM   #9
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

Yeah! Great news for you!
mykidisfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #10
comingup4air Female

HEY guys!! Yea...it took a lot of strength I didn't think I had....seriously, to go through with this inspite of all his threats and the pain I've been through. I did it for my daughter.....so she could at least be financially provided for by her father. That back support is going to be HUGE. And he is already aware that we are going after it and I am sure will try to compromise with me on it or slime out of it.....but my lawyer is already subpoening the last W2 we need. She said it's in our decree and he agreed to it, just not the amount yet.
I did let myself wonder (only briefly) how his whole charade is going with the wife at this point. He's GOTTA know I'm not going to back down now or even listen to his junk anymore....I'm sure there will be one more email or try, but I'm so not worried about it now.
I thought May would take forever to get over with, but it's almost done and things are looking much brighter. I won't be totally at ease until the final papers are signed........but I will keep all posted when I know stuff.
The support here is SO AMAZING. My family doesn't even know and won't even care all that much or may say stuff like don't count your chickens until you have your check........dumb stuff like that. :biggrin_wink:
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #11
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

so....what kind of gift are you getting me and dali for father's day? since you now have money
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #12
comingup4air Female

I wonder if I'll have it by then?? At least the check that's supposed to be from Feb. 5th until the date of the test results....that's supposed to be accruing in some account. Then something every week after that, but set up through the DOR attached to his check that might take a little longer......I don't know. I hear all these stories about people not getting the support even if it's all set (like mine should be) and if he owes even $300 a week and pays $20 at least he's trying? I don't get how that happens. I am hoping that won't with me!! But the arrears amount will be decided on and is going to be BIG, but how we receive it isn't decided yet!
Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #13
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

C4A I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you

This has got to be a huge relief for you, and just knowing that his threats can no longer effect you in the same way that is HUGE. Way to go!!!!!!!!!
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #14
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

WAY TO GO! You are doing an excellent job, keep it up. You deserve this. If he tries to speak to you about the support your only response should be "Speak to my lawyer, do you need her phone number?" But, I just wanted to ask..."Speak to my lawyer, do you need her phone number?" this response should be given to texts, phone calls, ignore all answering machine messages, but keep the recordings. DO NOT let this man talk to you about this subject, stick to your guns, I know you will! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #15
comingup4air Female

Telling all my friends at work today has been AWESOME! Everyone is soooo excited for me. They've heard this whole thing for 4 years and some have been telling me to do this for that long. A lot of them know my girl and just can't understand any of this, but are very supportive most of the time.
I am FINALLY at the stage where I won't be responding to anything from him and will direct him right to my lawyer. At this point, I imagine he's trying to work some things out and cover his bases. He isn't my problem anymore...... :biggrin_wink:
I'm finding it hard to focus today.....
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
tripfour
Active Board Parent

tripfour is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great news ! Must be such a huge relief to finally be past this - good for you !
Old 05-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
comingup4air Female

Thanks everyone!! I knew you would all share in my excitement. LOVE the support.
I'm hoping to hear from my lawyer after she goes to the courthouse on Friday to get the official paperwork. I'll keep posting when I get more info. VERY exciting.

I wonder if Trey's daddy will be on again so I can tell him wearing big girl pants helped.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:27 PM   #18
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Yay!!! I am late getting in on this one, yesterday was ____. I am sooo happy for you!!! I know the sense of relief is incredible! I imagine you are giddy and you deserve to be!!! WOOHOOO!!! I am smiling ear to ear!! Could not be happier for you

:biggrin_wink:
Old 05-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #19
comingup4air Female

You guys helped me keep the faith and stay sane during this awful time.

I was WONDERING if idig was gonna get the news........YEA BABY!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #20
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

I am doing a happy dance!! I can imagine all of the what if's must have been maddening. This is HUGE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #22
comingup4air Female

Yep! It's like Lisa said once in a post to me....most bullies back down when their bluff is called. I really didn't think he would back down after YEARS of threats and intimidation, but he has. From the minute I started to legalize things, it's like he deflated somehow. I'm still waiting for things to be finalized in June.....to REALLY do a happy dance, but this was a big step. BIG. WOOOOOHOOO!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #23
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingup4air View Post
From the minute I started to legalize things, it's like he deflated somehow.

I wonder if this would work for me, considering that the threats are, Im assuming, empty. Its funny how they deflate like that. I know a certain someone I would like to see deflated His ego is so huge!!!

Glad to see things looking up for you C4A! I am so excited for you!
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #24
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Wow Wheeeeeeee!!! I'm overjoyed for you

(I gotta admit i got a lil nervous for you that he might've tried to pull a switcheroo & have one of his buddies get swabbed...but i guess he probably couldn't swindle outta that since his wife knew about this!)

Yea Yea Yea!!! FYI - the arrears probably won't come in one lump sum, but will be spread out & added to his monthly obligation. But, the money that's been in the escrow acct should come in one lump sum! Yea Yea Yea!!!
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM   #25
comingup4air Female

Thanks Hanzi!! Yea....I have NO doubt in my mind that his new wife would NOT know still if I had not had him served in his home. If he had received the paperwork at work, I guarantee that he would still be hiding all this. SUCH A SLIMEBALL. Her problem now, though.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of this plays out with the arrears amount and custody and just everything. I can tell you this, though...the man now hates me for 'doing this to him'......so will also blame me and hold me responsible if anything negative happens to him (besides money) after all of this is said and done. I used to be so afraid of that and also still cared about him (can you believe it??) and didn't want him to hate me. UGH. Such mind games and drama.
Anyway, I am still soooooo thrilled with the results being true and not messed with. WOOHOO!
Old 05-23-2009, 01:26 AM   #26
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

I have to tell you that I look at that picture of your little one and I just get angry! I can't imagine how you feel. She is so stinkin' adorable......I want to fly out there to be there at court so I can punch him for you!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #27
newmom1 Female
Board Blazen Parent

newmom1 is a glorious beacon of lightnewmom1 is a glorious beacon of light
woot Re: Amazing news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingup4air View Post
Yep! It's like Lisa said once in a post to me....most bullies back down when their bluff is called. I really didn't think he would back down after YEARS of threats and intimidation, but he has. From the minute I started to legalize things, it's like he deflated somehow. I'm still waiting for things to be finalized in June.....to REALLY do a happy dance, but this was a big step. BIG. WOOOOOHOOO!!!
Pins work pretty well too.... but seriously hon, congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #28
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Student Lisa View Post
I have to tell you that I look at that picture of your little one and I just get angry! I can't imagine how you feel. She is so stinkin' adorable......I want to fly out there to be there at court so I can punch him for you!

OOOOH I wish you could!!!! June 16th if you want to! Come on down. I'd love it if lots of my SFV friends could be there. Noone else will be there with me, except my lawyer.
If seeing pics of E makes you mad at her father, you should be around her. She's SO cute and sweet and you can definitely get a 'feel' for what his absence has done to her. It would take about 10 minutes for her to ask you if you know her daddy and if you could call him for her and ask him to come see her. She is starting to ask this of people more and more. I keep telling her to stop, but she doesn't.
Anyhooo...I have more pics and a new album on my profile page.

Natty inspires me.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #29
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Honey, if I could be there I would in a minute. I look at that baby and just think what an idiot he is to miss out on her. It is his loss far more than it is hers and as she grows you can teach her that in a healthy way. It isn't easy for any kid to not have a dad around, but there are plenty of us with happy, healthy, well-adjusted kids with an idiot absent parent missing out on the best part of them. I am afraid if I were there it would not be his face that the damage would be inflicted upon, but another part of his anatomy entirely.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #30
pann71 Female
Board Beacon Parent

pann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelpann71 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

So glad that this is finally coming to an end for you and that you will finally get some financial support..way to go!

Self-respect is the cornerstone of all virtue!!
pann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #31
comingup4air Female

Yea....I've been really up and down since I got the news. I am PUMPED about the test and excited I am supposed to be getting support....I think since there is still no money, it's kinda taking the punch out of it for now. I am hoping it happens SOON like my lawyer says....
Old 05-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #32
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I'm hoping so too! I think it will start moving quicker now that base has been covered. Court is in about 3 weeks, right?
Old 05-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #33
comingup4air Female

Yep! June 16th...2 days before my b-day. My lawyer said he and his lawyer were very interested in ironing most things out before the actual trial date. We are ALL for that.....as long as we get OUR way. Naw...just going to stay focused on what's in E's best interest.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #34
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Hopefully everything will get ironed out, it usually does. It will be a matter of your lawyer telling you what is resonable and what the judge will likely do in the event you don't agree and the same for him with his lawyer. That is why judges don't like people who represent themselves, at least the ones I have talked to, because we don't know the way it works and it takes up more of their time. So the court part will likely only be a formality of the judge accepting the agreement you've already come to. It will likely be filed in open court and go straight into affect, with payments and the escrow coming to you fairly soon, would be my guess.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #35
comingup4air Female

From your lips to God's ears.

I like that saying. Thanks for being on tonight idig.......I just fell into a funk and I'm not sure why...had a good day!

Natty inspires me.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #36
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I'm glad you're on too. I am out of my funk for a nice change, been too infrequent here lately. I think my looong vent last night and this morning helped a lot.

I'm glad you had a good day with E, you both deserve it! I hope the $$ start rolling in soon, it is soo hard to keep being patient, what you will have in a month doesn't pay the bills today, I know.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:32 PM   #37
comingup4air Female

UGH. I'm having such a hard time being patient. NOTHING yet. No word even from my lawyer who said last Friday she'd go get the necessary paperwork from the court house and get this moving along. NOTHING. I finally broke down today and sent her an email. It's gonna cost me, but I'd like to be informed about what's going on. I'd like to know if he's been informed by his lawyer that the results are in. This feels like it's been going on so long and it's all still frustrating.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #38
comingup4air Female

Still grumpy
Old 05-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #39
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Lawyer time and the time we live in are two different things. So sorry for the frustration. You are getting closer! The court date is coming and it will happen soon!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #40
comingup4air Female

I know. I KNOW. It just blows. June 16th.....but I am soooo hoping something happens sooner....
Old 05-28-2009, 08:46 PM   #41
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Man I feel for you its taking to long. I hope u get some good news soon.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #42
comingup4air Female

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! Got an email from my lawyer today and they HAVE a copy of the official results FINALLY!! That selfish ex can't stall this much longer......
She faxed it to HIS lawyer this afternoon...as soon as he is notified.....it's all supposed to happen. He must know by now. HEE!! I'll keep you posted on anything that happens now.......PUMPED!!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #43
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Yippee! Sure must taste sweet!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:41 PM   #44
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Awesome Im happy for you.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #45
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Oh goodie! Moving right along!