Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Simple Question (Totally Random) - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Simple Question (Totally Random)

Me and my girlfriends were all going around in circles about this talking about the ex and how he left town and some feel "it will catch up to him", "he can't run forever" blah blah blah. Well I want to know is it possible to hide c.support order from a new family. I feel like c.sup is prob just like a bad credit report right especially if he's in another state or moves and they don't have a known address for notices and such then yes he could hide it from a brand new family. I know when he gets a new family they will never know he has a child out here but my friends wanna argue me down that c.sup would make it come out. I don't believe this. Does anyone whos been on c.sup or dealt with it for a while have a counter argument to my belief that it is possible to hide a child from a new family even if c.sup is after you?
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
Kozzy
Active Board Parent

Kozzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Simple Question (Totally Random)

I do know that failure to pay child support can result in leins against property, loss of drivers licenses, and can go against their credit.....you have to push your caseworker to be aggressive to seek out these orders if he gets far enough behind.
Kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #3
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Loss of driver's license in different states though? How could they pull that off? Sorry to sound objective I just am hellbent on believing our DD is something he is going to be able to cover up forever, especially with when we were dating around other Arab neighbors and friends of theirs that weren't imidiate fam I couldn't be the "girlfriend" but a family friend, only his immediate family and siblings in other states and grandparents knew but everyone else thought I was just close with the mom. So I know they are going to want to keep this covered so they won't be scrutinized amongst the Muslim community or other family members and I just don't see it ever coming out.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Depends. If he works in some states, once he is hired, all social security numbers go into a system that is federalized. If he does his taxes, that gets intercepted. Also,, it will give his new employment status. The state of LA will work with the state he is in and an order of garnishment would be issued. That is if he works, or files taxes.

Eventually, it will go on his credit report when there are enough in back support. Can he hide it, probably for awhile but not forever.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
Amalie
Parent on Board

Amalie is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say it depends on how smart (or dumb) he is. If he is a true con, he would always keep his bank accounts separate, have a book full of excuses as to why he has no driver's license or where his tax returns are going or why he has bad credit etc... It would also depend on how smart (or dumb) the new victim is. He might be able to pull it off but it would be a very stressful lifestyle!
Amalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

The Inter State Compact covers driver's license and other traffic offences. If someone has a ticket or their License is suspended or revoked for what ever reason it goes into the NCIC computer and when they try to get a DL it will kick it back. Most states are members.
If he's stopped and ran for D.L. it will show if he has license and in what state. I've seen people who's D.L. shows valid in one state be suspended or revoked in another at the same time.
IE; driver from Texas with a Texas D.L. gets a DUI in Colorado. Colorado will assign the driver with a Colorado D.L. # then advise Texas of the suspention. With the time delay it maybe a couple of months before Texas can take action. But if the driver is stopped he can be charged with driving under revocation.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #7
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you all for answering my question...sounds like there may be alot of weight to my friend's "point". I mean my own father's new wives (remarried three times) all reached out to me at various different ages when my mom I know had like no contact with my dad so they had to have found out from him or the c.sup order. I dont know I never asked him and now he's gone from my life again so wish he was around so I could ask. He would be the perfect person to ask these questions seeing as how he's been through it. Left and raised another child and children that weren't his, ran from state to state and c.sup only for it to catch up to him and him have to pay backpay. If he ever returns to me again I will ask him.

But yeah I was just curious because knowing him he will not want this out. And from what Ive seen most wifes of Arab men are not allowed to handle any of the financial business (I know his mom wasn't and her husband didn't even believe in like allowance for her to buy personal things) so he will be able to cover it up for quite some time. That's the point I was trying to make to my friends. But sounds like even though he can cover it up from a new wife, IF she is Arab then he still will be faced with it on his credit or somewhere or the other. I keep expecting him to live successfully and happily ever after now that he's left town but sounds like he's going to be living under a rock therefore rendering my painful fantasy inaccurate.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #8
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

My guess is he will end up back in jail because of his lifestyles and his inabling family. Your fantasy is completely false, IMO. With healing I think you will see that. The life you and he created in your heads when he was in jail and leaning on you is a fantasy, nothing more. Again, words mean nothing, nothing at all. Actions are everything.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
My guess is he will end up back in jail because of his lifestyles and his inabling family. Your fantasy is completely false, IMO. With healing I think you will see that. The life you and he created in your heads when he was in jail and leaning on you is a fantasy, nothing more. Again, words mean nothing, nothing at all. Actions are everything.

Oh Idig I know...I should have clarified or worded it better, I meant the fantasy that since he has left town he will have a new happy family and become Man of the Year and Father of the Year, leaving his sordid past behind. That fantasy of him "making nice" and becoming a shiny new penny for another child/family is painful to think of is what I meant.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Yeah, that one is a painful fantasy but a fantasy too. I just think it is an extension of the hope you had for your happily ever after picture he painted for you, all I meant.....
Old 10-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
Live4Them Female
Parent on Board

Live4Them will become famous soon enough

Sorry, I missed where LSL already replied with pretty much the same answer I had...

Last edited by Live4Them; 10-26-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: already told....
Live4Them is offline   Reply With Quote