Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey "You get half of my paycheck!" - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

PixiesX3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "You get half of my paycheck!"

Uh huh. Sure do. And I have 3 kids to care for on that 1/2 of a paycheck. Funny how that happens. I don't think he thought of that when he up and left to sow his "wild oats" or whatever.

/vent
PixiesX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: "You get half of my paycheck!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiesX3 View Post
Uh huh. Sure do. And I have 3 kids to care for on that 1/2 of a paycheck. Funny how that happens. I don't think he thought of that when he up and left to sow his "wild oats" or whatever.

/vent
That is it, when oats are being sown, the little brain does all the thinkin'
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

LOL....somehow I don't think you get quite half of it.......just feels like it. There is a cap on how much they can take out of his check------guess he should have thought with his big brain instead of his little one. Dummy.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

Depending on location........in Cali the cap is 50%
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

Actually I do get about that in CS and alimony combined. Plus he agreed to pay half of the van payment instead of giving me the truck and having to drive the "mommy-mobile" which, silly me, put in as alimony instead of the non-tax CS. Anyway, it's right about half of his regular check.

I struck whilst the iron was hot. He told me it was over on 11/16, moved out on 12/19, and I had papers ready for him to sign on 1/3. He agreed to everything I asked for plus gave me a few ideas. And I have it signed and notarized.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Smart, smart woman! Alimony---whoo-hoo! Smart to get him while he was feeling guilty.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #7
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

Girl! You know it! He seemed to have forgotten that for all of my years as a SAHM, I never lost my touch and kept busy.

Ya know, he wasn't going to show up for the day in court because everything was already signed. It was silly for him to do so. He had to take 6+ hours off work and drive 300 miles round trip. Then he wanted to change the alimony while there. I said, um nope. Magistrate said... you have 2 choices -- go into the hall and work it out and we'll make any adjustments on the paperwork OR go to mediation. ha ha ha

We went into the hall.
HIM: I only agreed to 1 year but the paperwork says 4.
ME: Well it does appear that way now that you bring it up but we agreed to 2.
HIM: Oh so you admit there's an error. (thinking he had the upper-hand)
ME: I suppose so but actually there was only one space for dates so I figured we would modify it after 2 years.
HIM: I'm only agreeing to 1 year.
ME: Your choice.
HIM: Fine, we'll go to mediation.
ME: No problem. (and I open the door and start back into the chambers.)
MAGISTRATE: All set?
ME: Oh, actually... One moment, sir. (and turn back out into the hallway and close the door)
ME: You do realize that mediation will mean you taking off work and traveling back up here for the sessions, right?
HIM: (blank stare)
ME: But if you want to do that, it's fine with me. I live 15 minutes from the courthouse.
HIM: Fine. 2 years.
ME: I thought so. (turning back into the the chambers with a satisfied grin)

heh
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
7yrsapart
Board Member

7yrsapart is an unknown quantity at this point

Love it girl!! LOL
7yrsapart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Pixie is a dangerous one! Dont' get on her bad side---oh, and perhaps law school should be in your future.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #10
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I don't get nearly half now, but when arrearage is set in MA they can take, I think, up to 54% of his check.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Happy for you Pixie. To bad he never thought of that before he left.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

LOL I failed to mention something that really doesn't have to do with CS but speaks to his selfish nature.

This was in August -- just one week or so before the girls started back to school and the youngest was entering kindergarten. As we walked to the parking lot, I said, "I have to go back to work. However, my mom is standing by if you'd like to meet the girls for lunch on your way home. They are missing you, especially E." (He'd seen them last on 8/2 and with school out, they had a lot of free time to think about him not being there.) He said, "I can't. I have to get back to work. I've already missed too much time already." I said, "Ok well maybe you can just stop for a moment since you are already up here? Just call the house phone and my mom can even meet you somewhere." He said, "I can't."

Yeah... as his gf says... He's a great father.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #13
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

you're mean....but i agree with your point...

i got the "i'm a great mother, and you know it" line...after she took off and disappeared on Bubba...don't you love it?
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Sorry but that's so funny! I love it! Wish I had been as proactive as you.
momofTDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:17 AM   #15
pnemosiene
Board Member

pnemosiene is an unknown quantity at this point

It's rediculous isn't it when a man has a family, then he ruins it, and doesn't understand that he still has a responsibility to it. Men have a tendency to think that they only have a responibility to make sure their children are taken care of, but fail to realize that making sure mom is taken care of is required to make sure the kids are too. If he has to give 50% of check then maybe he should look for a better job then, of course it's a crappy economy, but I don't get why he's complaining if he agreed to pretty much everything. My ex is a stinge.
pnemosiene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Not just men, my ex....grrrrr and BD's ex and Muskiedad's ex.....double grrr. Some people are just plain selfish.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad1st4boys View Post
Not just men, my ex....grrrrr and BD's ex and Muskiedad's ex.....double grrr. Some people are just plain selfish.
yep
Old 11-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
PixiesX3 Female
Parent on Board

Apparently I am selfish too. According to his point of view. Amazing. Alliterative - this post's first letters are!