Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey What does this mean... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support
cookie What does this mean...

So, I periodically go on the MASS DOR CSE site and check my account. On the recent account activity section there is a list of things that DOR has done on the case. It used to just say a few dates and 'withholding order sent to employer'. It now says...

On 4/4/2010, Parent's payment history reported to credit bureau

The parent they are referring to is M. What does this mean? It is normal and I will see this on here once a year? Or is it something else? I'm just curious....

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: What does this mean...

I don't know....? Maybe paying (or not paying) cs can help or hurt your credit standing.
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
comingup4air Female

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Hmmm....I wonder. I saw it and thought...that can't be good (for him). But maybe it's something normal for them to send it?? Not sure. He's been paying steady since forced to via the final papers, but I'm thinkin' it has more to do with the arrearage amount. Not sure, though.....it is just hangin' out there on the page. I also wonder if they will seize his taxes if he has that out there. Can you imagine?? Unless they don't as long as he is paying. Who knows.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Oh not paying means bad for credit history....also, if he has an arrearage amount, bad for the credit rating...I am sure that made him happy!!! LOL. and he would have gotten the same notice.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
Oh not paying means bad for credit history....also, if he has an arrearage amount, bad for the credit rating...I am sure that made him happy!!! LOL. and he would have gotten the same notice.
So, might they seize any return he is expecting? Offset it to CU4A since he hasn't done what he is supposed to do with that?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #6
comingup4air Female

Quote:
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAM...really??? That is so freakin' awesome. He must have gotten it about the same time as I sent him the quarterly medical bills. AAAAAHAHAHAHA....might be why I haven't received an answer or an acknowledgement.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Each state has a certain amount sent for when they seize federal returns. My state is 1000 in arrearages......So if he was behind like that in my state, the return would be seized....
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
comingup4air Female

I think MA is $1000. But still....it wasn't documented that he didn't pay before I took him to court, so they must have sent the payment record to the credit bureau on their own (MA DOR). I wonder if it's standard for all that owe arrearages. Funny thing is, if he actually did what he said was 'in the works' and sent me the retirement funds, that amount would go WAY down. What a loser.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

We got a notice today from the IRS of a levy on wages of an employee for unpaid taxes. Never have gotten one before. Too bad they don't do back child support the same way. Then again, it might take away the incentive to work at all. It is based on how you file and how many exemptions you claim. For instance, married filing single with one exemption gets to keep a whopping 359 bucks (I think it is) a paycheck if they get paid twice a month. The IRS gets the rest until it is paid. Can you say ouch?!

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingup4air View Post
I think MA is $1000. But still....it wasn't documented that he didn't pay before I took him to court, so they must have sent the payment record to the credit bureau on their own (MA DOR). I wonder if it's standard for all that owe arrearages. Funny thing is, if he actually did what he said was 'in the works' and sent me the retirement funds, that amount would go WAY down. What a loser.
Might be a little incentive to get the works moving
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
comingup4air Female

Yea.....one of my friends at work has her wages cut by the IRS for unpaid taxes. She never deals with any of the finances and her husband deals with it all, but is self-employed. SO, the only place they can TAKE it from them is from her checks. AND...it's A LOT!
You know, I'm surprised I haven't received a huge ranting email over this all. But, I know they file jointly, married and all. Can they still seize it, if it's some of her money, too?? I'm sure they are waiting until the last minute to file. He also told me that he usually files for extensions since it takes awhile to collect all of his w2s. Hmmm...
Old 04-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #11
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Yea.....one of my friends at work has her wages cut by the IRS for unpaid taxes. She never deals with any of the finances and her husband deals with it all, but is self-employed. SO, the only place they can TAKE it from them is from her checks. AND...it's A LOT!
You know, I'm surprised I haven't received a huge ranting email over this all. But, I know they file jointly, married and all. Can they still seize it, if it's some of her money, too?? I'm sure they are waiting until the last minute to file. He also told me that he usually files for extensions since it takes awhile to collect all of his w2s. Hmmm...
One time, after I first married E's Dad, we filed jointly. I had $10,000 comming back to me that year. It was offset because of some money he owed (that I knew nothing about) to the coast guard. It was MY money, but it was considered to be his since his name was on the return, too.
Anyway, I had a shocked fit and I learned that I could file for a...ummm...something about uninjured spouse or something like that and get alot of it back. In the end, I chose not to do it because I didn't want the debt hanging over our heads (stupid me).
Old 04-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #12
comingup4air Female

Huh....so if they seize it and give it to me, she can file something to get it back? That would be weird....
Old 04-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #13
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

CU4A remember to breath . See natural law does come into play
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 PM   #14
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Huh....so if they seize it and give it to me, she can file something to get it back? That would be weird....
I don't know how it would work in your case, that's just what happened to me. I was dealing with a government entity, though. I also don't know how much or even if I would have suceeded in getting any back cause I never tried.
In your case, I would think they (M and wife) would see it comming and maybe try to limit what they take to what can be proven as hers? Heck, we don't even know if he will get a return. He could end up owing the IRS, too.
I really don't know...I hope you get something, though.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

Actually, the injured spouse filing doesn't always work....it has to be if he had a business and you had no idea....but won't work for back child support....too bad for her!
Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM   #16
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Actually, the injured spouse filing doesn't always work....it has to be if he had a business and you had no idea....but won't work for back child support....too bad for her!
That's exactly what it was. He had a fishing boat, years before I knew him, that had sunk at the dock in a nor'easter and spilled fuel into the harbor. Coastguard and ERA cleaned it up at considerable cost and he never paid the bill.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
comingup4air Female

Yea....I imagine they know that it could be seized and will plan for it. Last years return they did get something back....around $1000 if I recall. It's funny cuz the money would obviously be awesome and helpful, but it's more of a ...oh no....I wonder how mad this will make them...etc.....I don't have a lot of the fear anymore that he will hurt us. Part of it is still there, though...always in the back of my mind that HE will show up and say something awful in front of E or worse and I always worry about down the line should he no longer have things to live for and people he cares about. He always told me that if he could, he would blow his brains out, but won't do it while his mother is alive. That was before he got married and had another child. Another reason I want nothing bad to happen to her and the child.....E and I would somehow be to blame for that, too. Lord help us then...