Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey The Missional Community Church - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Washington

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
TheMCSeattle Male
I am New

TheMCSeattle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Missional Community Church

Hello!

We are a group of guys and gals from a local church in Seattle called The MC, and we would love to serve any of you who are single Mothers and/or widows. The reason is because we know how tough it can be to take care of a household and raise children on your own, and our hearts go out to families without fathers. So we are willing and ready to help you take care of any household/yardwork needs! If there's any yardwork, weed-pulling, lawn mowing to be done: WE WILL DO IT! If there's any furniture that needs to be moved, or things that need fixing around the house: WE WILL DO OUR BEST! We just want to serve you and much more than that: be a friend and neighbor to you and let you know that you aren't alone and there are people who can lend a hand.

We are available to work for free every Sunday from Noon - 2pm!
Feel free to contact me, so we can get to know your story and see how we can help!

If you're not a single mother or widow, but know someone who is and who can use a helping hand, don't hesitate to refer them to this post!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Steve
Intern @ The Missional Community Church

TheMCSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
DaddyCakes Male
The Other White Meat!

DaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: The Missional Community Church

So are you descriminating against us Custodial Single Fathers or is that just an oversight in your writings?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Wow DC... I don't think this is a discrimination thing. I think there is an assumption that most men are good with the labor end of things, whereas most women are not. At an old church that I went to, we talked about doing this same thing for the women. It was not an intent to discriminate, more of the church trying to fill the physical role of "husband" of doing yard work or such that a woman might not have the skills or strength to do.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
DaddyCakes Male
The Other White Meat!

DaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With Support

LSL, not meant that way...Whas about the areas where many men lack...the domestic duties section. that's where some of the single dads could use help...
Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Cooking 101. That's what the guys meant!

Personally, I love that you are doing this and reaching out beyond your own church family. I don't live in Washington but thougt I'd say that this is a great thing to offer, particularly since many single parents feel judged by the Christian community....at the very least left out.

I am Christian and would like to point out how left out we often feel for Father's/Mother's day activities since our kids are sometimes without through no fault of their own. Additionally, be sure the single parents in your own church family feel invited and included in what seems to be "crowds of happily families".
Old 09-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

In part the misconception that us dads don't get the kids.... Yes where we could use help is in the "Domestic" areas.

I think the Church seeking to help is great, there are more people in need now that ever before. My church has several local programs as well as two missions in Columbia and Mexico we help with. We know we cannot do everything, but we can do something.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
TheMCSeattle Male
I am New

TheMCSeattle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the feedback everyone. Everything that you have all said is really beneficial and helpful to us. Thank you once again. We're going to keep on doing our best to find opportunities to help families that could use an extra hand.

Kind Regards,

Steve
TheMCSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

What I've found, through myself and being around other single parents is we hate to ask for help. Be watchful... there are many struggling and on the brink of disaster that could use a 'miracle' You'd be amazed how little it takes to brighten up a parent's day whether it is a little food, gas, offer to babysit, drive, etc. Most of us don't want a thing for ourselves, when people give 'gifts' it feels wrong when the kids are needing (even if that means paying the electric bill -- the kids don't always know they are needing!)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote