Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey 2 kids, different fathers - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
hnoelles99
I am New

hnoelles99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi my name is Heather and I am new to this site. My concern is I have 2 boys with different dads. In the case with my oldest, his 'donor' has never been involved at all. My youngest though, his father is involved and has in fact started taking him out for daddy/son time. This just happened for the first time this past weekend and when I came back in after walking them out my oldest asked where his little brother was going with Sean (the father) and why we weren't all going. All I said was Sen wanted to take his lil bro out for a bit, I left out the words 'his daddy' since I'm not sure how to handle this. My oldest is 5, soon to be 6 and my youngest is 11 months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
hnoelles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #2
soccermomtx1
I am New

soccermomtx1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am about to go through this same exact thing! My oldest daughter is 11 years old, her father is pretty much nonexistant, but I just went to court to have visitation set up for my 4 month old baby girl and her father. I sat my 11 year old down and tried to explain that the baby's father is going to come and get her for a few hours at a time for visitation. She asked what visitation was and I explained it. She hasn't asked why her dad doesn't do this yet, but I am waiting. I plan to just take it as it comes. Just spend extra time with my oldest while the youngest is with her dad, our together time has been pretty limited since the baby has been born so she may appreciate it. Hope this helps!
soccermomtx1 is offline   Reply With Quote