Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 20 - Something Single Dads

Old 01-30-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
Jogisdad
I am New

Jogisdad is an unknown quantity at this point
beg or prayer 4 Year old acting Out

I have a 4 year old who is acting out, he has a speech delay but goes to school for it. I have three days off that i dedicate to him, if financially possible we go out and do this fun. Recently he cries for every little thing. He likes playing video games a lot and when i try to limit the time he plays he throws a tantrum. There are times he asks for food when hes hungry and i make him something to eat but he then rejects it. I sometimes tell him if he wont eat he wont play then all ____ breaks lose. I can say i have a lot of patience and i am trying the best that i can. I send him to his room for 4 minutes as a time out and when its time to come out we try again but it all starts again. I have full custody of him and i want to think its his moms departing that has him like that but he doesn't even ask about her. she moved to a different state and left him with me, she new about the custody hearing but... she just left and thus i was awarded sole and physical custody. Anyone have any tips on dealing with this? is it a phase?
Jogisdad is offline   Reply With Quote