Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 50 - Something Single Moms

Old 02-08-2017, 09:22 PM   #1
onlymom
I am New

onlymom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is Santa real?

Arrrggghhh! My ten-year-old daughter, my only child, came to me in all seriousness yesterday and asked me point blank, "Is Santa real?"

I froze. My mind raced. I didn't know what to do! I said yes, but I felt I said it without conviction. She kept asking me, "Really?" I kept asking, "What's up with you?" She went away believing I confirmed that Santa was real and I went away feeling like I needed to vomit!

I don't want to be the one to tell her he isn't real. But I don't want to lie to her! I don't know if I want advice or just want to vent. Retelling this now I want to cry!
onlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #2
Dad1st4boys
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Is Santa real?

Ask her what she thinks. My boys started figuring it out by 8. As they got older they figured out Santa is not just one person, but many, including themselves.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
YJL279
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

When my sister and I started figuring it out my mom told us Santa represented the love of the season so Santa is actually love. I always liked that thought.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
sarah89
Learning to Surf The Board

sarah89 is an unknown quantity at this point

When is good time to say that Santa isn't real? My daughter is soon two years but I want to prepare myself when she will be older.
sarah89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #5
YJL279
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Sarah89, you do not have to tell them. They will find out through their friends and TV.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:20 PM   #6
muskiedad
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

I always loved the line in The Polar Express when Santa is holding up the bell and says that the bell, like himself, was a symbol. I would reverse the movie, replay it for the boys and tell them to remember it. Years later they did and they saw why I did it. Same with the part on the train going into the gulch when the conductor says sometimes the most real things in life are those we cannot see. It helps explain our love for kids, esp. at Christmas.
Funny enough, I used to leave evidence of Santa visiting here.....reindeer poop on the roof, broken sleigh parts near the chimney etc. When my guys stopped believing, they were upset that the evidence stopped too!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
Dad1st4boys
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

A funny.
I let my beard grow out starting in Oct. It was pretty thick and it's nearly all white. A week or two before Christmas I was at our local school in my Deputy Uniform and a Santa Hat. I was in the lobby of the gym for a HS basketball game. Three little girls (not sisters, just friends) 1st and 2nd grade, sat on a bench in front of me then started to tell me what they wanted for Christmas. I found out later they had asked one of their dads of I was Santa. Dad said they should ask me. I told them I had different assignments to help around as needed. They just wanted to hedge their bets....!

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #8
Maagy43
I am New

Maagy43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad1st4boys View Post
A funny.
I let my beard grow out starting in Oct. It was pretty thick and it's nearly all white. A week or two before Christmas I was at our local school in my Deputy Uniform and a Santa Hat. I was in the lobby of the gym for a HS basketball game. Three little girls (not sisters, just friends) 1st and 2nd grade, sat on a bench in front of me then started to tell me what they wanted for Christmas. I found out later they had asked one of their dads of I was Santa. Dad said they should ask me. I told them I had different assignments to help around as needed. They just wanted to hedge their bets....!
Sweet! I miss mine believing. I am thankful to have grands that do though.
Maagy43 is offline   Reply With Quote