Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey To all single working parents - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 30 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-29-2004, 01:32 AM   #1
Total
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Total is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of these posts and I just want to say Kudos to all you single moms out there who work, if you have read my other posts you know that I have 2 little girls, I am on Social Security disability for mental disability so I don't work but still between the girls the inside housework, the outside work (raking, shoveling Ect.)the dishes, the laundry, and currently taking care of 5 young kittens it is enough, I don't know how you guys do it, again I say kudos to you.
Total is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 01:32 AM   #2
Total

Hi,

I have been reading a lot of these posts and I just want to say Kudos to all you single moms out there who work, if you have read my other posts you know that I have 2 little girls, I am on Social Security disability for mental disability so I don't work but still between the girls the inside housework, the outside work (raking, shoveling Ect.)the dishes, the laundry, and currently taking care of 5 young kittens it is enough, I don't know how you guys do it, again I say kudos to you.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry..I am German ...what's 'kudos'
Old 03-29-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
Total

Hi,

Sorry, kudos is kind of hard to explain, it is basicly a way of saying good job.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:55 PM   #5
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, that'll do as an explanation. Thanks.

Actually, I wanted to ask everybody what they think is easier, to be a fulltime Mom, always at home, never a babysitter, or a working Mom, kid in daycare 40-50 hours a week ???
Old 06-07-2004, 12:25 AM   #6
Dream02907
I am New

Dream02907 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are pro's and con's to both. I was stay at home mom with my 2 oldest until my oldest started pre-school. When my baby was 18 months old I decided to go to work full-time. It was just as hard working and then coming home and having to be mom and catch up on the days events, cook, clean, spend time with each and try and find time for myself to get ready for the next day.

So it all depends on how u see it and what ur priorities are for ur family. I don't regret staying home with oldest 2 nor do I regret putting my daughter in day-care at 18 months. Now they are 9,11 & 13 and I'm still working full-time and have a great relationship with my 3 monsters.

I wish u the best in whatever decision u make..U know what is best for ur family.
Peace!!!
Dream02907 is offline   Reply With Quote