Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Teens and 20's single moms in Cali!!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > California

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-05-2003, 02:50 AM   #1
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

F8THnHOPE is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright California girls! We all need to get together and creat our own support group! I'm serious!!! Summer would be a great time to start too for those of us who are going to school or getting ready to! Email me and tell me what you think, where you're located and all and hopefully we can work this out!
Melissa
F8THnHOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #2
jorozco
Learning to Surf The Board

jorozco is an unknown quantity at this point

hey
this is janet
just wanted to let you know that i am truly interested in getting support grp. Let me know what you think.
jorozco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 02:14 AM   #3
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

ALRIGHT!!! Well you and I live close, we've already determined that. Let's see if we get any others who are interested and from there we'll work! I am serious about doing this so don't give up yet! I won't!
Melissa
Old 06-11-2003, 01:56 AM   #4
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

I'm still hoping for more girls but if it is just you and me then so be it!!! I'm going out of town in a week and a half but when I get back we'll work on this.
Melissa
Old 06-11-2003, 11:31 PM   #5
ahight
I am New

ahight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey i'm possibly no were near u guys in cali, but the support group sounds like a great idea. My daughter is due july 29th. but i could have her sooner then expected. i'm from lincoln, Cailfornia [img]null[/img]
ahight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 03:00 AM   #6
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Congradulations on your little girl! I hope all goes well! Do you have a name for her? Anyway, I hope that we can work this out so that you can be a part of it too. Like I said, I'm going out of town next week but when I get back we'll all put our heads together and come up with something great!!! =) I'm not quite sure where you are. I've only lived in this area for about a year. So keep in touch! Don't leave me because I want a group!!! We need one! I'll keep checking on this even while I'm gone, but I don't want to start anything until I'm here and can really do something! Hope to hear from you soon but if I don't before you go into labor good luck!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 04:56 PM   #7
ahight
I am New

ahight is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, i've chose Heather Marie for her name. Well were are u located in cali. I might know were u are. e-mail back.
ahight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 05:23 PM   #8
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Heather Marie is a beautiful name! My middle name is Marie I'm in La Habra Ca. Where is lincoln? I'm out of town but checking in every once in awhile. How are things? Let me know!
Melissa
Old 07-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #9
Visitor

I'm always down with your ideas hope but I've lost the faith in support groups. Prove me wrong
Old 07-10-2003, 09:16 PM   #10
suz91234
Visitor

Quote:
Originally posted by F8THnHOPE:
[qb]Alright California girls! We all need to get together and creat our own support group! I'm serious!!! Summer would be a great time to start too for those of us who are going to school or getting ready to! Email me and tell me what you think, where you're located and all and hopefully we can work this out!
Melissa[/qb]
My name is Sue and I live in the San Francisco, Bay Area. I'd like to get together with other single Moms. I have a 2 and 5 yr old.

You can also contact me at suz91234*yahoo.com
if you are interested.

-Sue
Old 07-16-2003, 04:13 AM   #11
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Alright girls! I'm back and ready to go! Honestly I'm not quite sure where to start with all of this. Lets see. I need locations of everyone one and general free times (like if you're always open on thurs nights or something.) I'd like to locate an area fairly in between all of us. I know it would be difficult to do so but I'd like to try. Cali is just sooo huge!!! Or what we can do is split it up into two different groups like southern and northern Cali. I'm all for suggestions ideas and what not. Either email back here or email me at F8THnHOPE*excite.com Lets get this ball rolling!
Old 07-16-2003, 04:55 PM   #12
Visitor

I'm open on saturday but like the idea of a sunday. I live in san bernardino county.. so cali... Maybe this could be our meeting place?
Old 07-20-2003, 02:52 AM   #13
Liz W
I am New

Liz W is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I'm new to the site and live in Long Beach, I would be interested in the support group too! I am 26 and mom to a 3 year old boy. Hope to hear back from you!
Liz W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 04:08 AM   #14
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Liz I responded to your private message before I read your post on the site. Any suggestions would be great on where and when. Right now I am just trying to get names and locations. Don't give up on me, I've just started this idea.
Melissa
Old 07-25-2003, 03:14 AM   #15
DamianMom
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

DamianMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I would love to join. I just wish I wasn't so far out from you gals! I'm interested in joining a support group, and helping out other moms. But it seems everyone else is so far away! But I'm always coming up with new ideas! Take care! Bye!

-Melissa
DamianMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 03:12 AM   #16
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Here is the list of people that I've recieved a response from and the information I have.

NAME: Janet SCREEN NAME: Jorozco LOCATION: L.A. KIDS: ?

NAME: ? SCREEN NAME: Ahight LOCATION: Lincoln KIDS: Heather-newborn

NAME: Monica SCREEN NAME: Babybogaloo LOCATION: Rancho Cucamonga KIDS: Ethan-almost 1

NAME: Sue SCREEN NAME: Sue91234 LOCATION: San Francisco KIDS: ?-2 and ?-5

NAME: Liz SCREEN NAME: LizW LOCATION: Long Beach KIDS: ?-3

NAME: Melissa SCREEN NAME: DamianMom LOCATION: ? KIDS:?

and myself
NAME: Melissa SCREEN NAME: F8THnHOPE

Where do you guys think a good location would be to meet that is relatively close to all. I'm ready for your suggestions and then we'll see what we come up with. I've been really busy lately with registering for school so forgive me if this takes a little bit but don't worry. This is going to happen!
Melissa
Old 07-28-2003, 11:32 AM   #17
SxySngleMom
I am New

SxySngleMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello..

I too am a single mom with a 2yr old in the bay area (Hayward) and would love to join a single moms support group in this area. If you know of one, please let me know.
SxySngleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:38 PM   #18
allim4u
I am New

allim4u is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Melissa! I'm a Cali girl...Glendale. I lead a christian single mom's support group as part of the International curch of Christ. We meet every Friday and also liek to plan outings, bbqs, poolparties with our kids. If you would like to participate at any time just give me a holler.

Love and Light, Mindy
Quote:
[qb]Alright California girls! We all need to get together and creat our own support group! I'm serious!!! Summer would be a great time to start too for those of us who are going to school or getting ready to! Email me and tell me what you think, where you're located and all and hopefully we can work this out!
Melissa[/qb]
allim4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 03:28 AM   #19
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Well guys....looking at where everyone is located La Habra/Orange County area, where I live seems to be pretty much in the middle. I don't know where exactly you live in your cities but Long Beach is about 30-35 min away, LA is 35-40 min away, Rancho Cucamonga is 40-45 min away. Those are the three anywhere close. Lincoln is almost 8 hours away and of course San Francisco is not much closer (about 7). So maybe the northern California and Southern California idea is a good thing. Ahight and Sue91234, and possibly DamianMom-I'm not sure where exactly she's located- could start their group up there and Babybogaloo, Jorozco, LizW, and I can start one here. We could work together and keep in touch and then every so often all meet up. Let me know what you guys think! =)
Old 08-06-2003, 06:03 PM   #20
Jenn in Cali
I am New

Jenn in Cali is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont know if I am doing this right its my 1st time but I am in Cali and looking for some support. I am a single Mom w/ 2 kids and 1 on the way ~
Jenn in Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #21
Visitor

HEY JEN IN CALI we have a match! sxysinglemom lives in hayward maybe you can get together.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:42 AM   #22
guelsmommy02
I am New

guelsmommy02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. My name is Sondra and I am new to this website. I am interested in a support group. I live out in San Bernadino area. Please keep me updated on this support group. I think it is a great idea.
guelsmommy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 04:45 AM   #23
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you guys know that I have not forgotten about this support group. I'm working on finding a place suitable for us all to meet. Any suggestions? School has started up so it's make life a little crazy, but I still really want to do this. Don't forget or give up! I won't!
Melissa
Old 09-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #24
jencluff
Learning to Surf The Board

jencluff is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a 21-year-old San Diego single mom of a 6-week-old baby girl. And I definitley interested in what you want to do. I would love to meet or just chat with Moms like me! Sounds great! Keep me updated, I'm looking forward to it!
jencluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 04:09 AM   #25
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Congrats on the baby girl!!!! I'm waiting for a few things to die down and then I'm going to continue working on this idea! I'll definately keep you updated! Any suggestions you may have would be great too!
Hope to hear from you!
Melissa
Old 09-27-2003, 04:09 AM   #26
weatheringthestorm
I am New

weatheringthestorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by allim4u:
[qb]Hi Melissa! I'm a Cali girl...Glendale. I lead a christian single mom's support group as part of the International curch of Christ. We meet every Friday and also liek to plan outings, bbqs, poolparties with our kids. If you would like to participate at any time just give me a holler.

Love and Light, Mindy
weatheringthestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 04:13 AM   #27
weatheringthestorm
I am New

weatheringthestorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am new on this site and noticed that I live pretty close to some of you myself... I'm not sure if you have already met but I am in Pasadena, So. Cal., myself and wondered if I could join all of you.... I am a single mom of a 3 and 5 year old and could use the support myself....
weatheringthestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:33 AM   #28
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

No, we haven't met yet. I know I know, I'm really slacking here. I have to get all my ducks in a row before I can take on something new you know? If someone would like to partner in this with me that would be great! It's hard to do things on your own and I could always use some great ideas. It would be nice to meet before the holidays begin, especially since the holidays are sometimes the hardest to deal with. Let me know you guys!
Melissa
Old 09-30-2003, 03:29 AM   #29
Angeleyes
On the Board

Angeleyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Melissa,

How's it going? If your looking for a partner I'd be glad to sign on. Since I am unemployed right now I have some free time. Let me know if your interested.

Jessi
Angeleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:10 AM   #30
F8THnHOPE
Board Blazen Parent

Yeah for help!!! Definately! I am not opposed to help at all especially since I've gotten real busy lately. That's why I originally wanted to begin this in the summer but then summer got crazier than I expected and everything went down hill from there. So ok, you and me. We'll work on this together and bring it all together within the next month hopefully and then meet! Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! Let me know what you are thinking and we'll get a move on.
Melissa
Old 10-05-2003, 03:23 PM   #31
Angeleyes
On the Board

Angeleyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, well like oyu said before we should start by finding a city, then the location. Any preference? Also we should get a list of people that are interested. Talk to you soon.

Jessi
Angeleyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #32
collinsmomlonnie
I am New

collinsmomlonnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[qb] Alright California girls! We all need to get together and creat our own support group! I'm serious!!! Summer would be a great time to start too for those of us who are going to school or getting ready to! Email me and tell me what you think, where you're located and all and hopefully we can work this out!
Melissa [/qb]
collinsmomlonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 PM   #33
SunshineKaye26
Visitor

My name is Rebecca and I'm due in January. I live in Anaheim, just registered on this site and would love to be involved in the support group.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 PM   #34
Kissie79
I am New

Kissie79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, 26 yr old single mom of a 3 yr old boy. I am interested in the support group as well.
Kissie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #35
Phoebe_Lena
Parent on Board

Phoebe_Lena is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone. I'm Lorelai, from Santa Monica, I have three five year olds Lorelai, Piper and Phoebe and a little girl Lena Caydence on her way soon. I would love a group with other younger moms (I'm almost 19). I'm in high school so during the week is tough, but weekends are good... I'm up in Santa Barbra most weekends.
Phoebe_Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:13 AM   #36
Monkey's Mommy
I am New

Monkey's Mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

So, did you guys ever get to meet up?
Monkey's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #37
angelnbutterflywings
Visitor

I'm going to be 26 living in Anaheim with a baby boy he's 10 months, if anyone wants to talk or chat,
its so lonely offline and online hahahahaah i would love someoen to talk to that can relate to my single parent life and we can vent to e/o!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:24 PM   #38
Don Male
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Don will become famous soon enough

.Please, edit out your personal contact info. It's not really safe to put all that into public forums.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #39
AngelMommy Female
I am New

AngelMommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Teens and 20's single moms in Cali!!

Hi, my name is Meghann my lil boy is due in May, I'm in Modesto, and I would love to be in a support group! Is any one else close to Modesto? The central Valley.
AngelMommy is offline   Reply With Quote