Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey My Baby is Losing His Hair! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Billabong is a glorious beacon of lightBillabong is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy My Baby is Losing His Hair!

My precious head full of hair baby is becoming increasingly more bald every day.

Initially I thought it was from all of the friction of him squirming and rolling his head around on everything because I noticed the hairs in the back are always rough and dry static looking so thats why I started conditioning it. Now its still breaking off AND falling out.

I realize that this is normal for babies but I don't like it dangit!

Did any of your children's hair fall out? If so did it grow back the same or did it change texture and or color?
Billabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: My Baby is Losing His Hair!

My son barely had any to start with. My grandson is 2 and one of his great grandmother's calls him Dr. Phil because he looks like he has a receding hairline

None of mine (kids or grandkids) got a different color, though it wasn't as fine when it grew back.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

My daughter was a cue ball till she was over a year. Well, she had a little hair, but it was white blonde and very, very, fine.
E was born with alot of VERY dark hair. Almost black. Then it all fell out at about 4 or 5 months ? and was replaced with light brown less fine hair.
With the dark hair and the (mild) jaundice he had at birth, he looked middle eastern. Had black eyes, too. Boy did I get alot of questioning looks!

(now his eyes are grey/green/blue like mine)

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughters hair fell out slowly starting around 2-3 months. She was born with a good bit of dark hair, but once it started falling out, it began to grow back in much lighter. It still is fairly light and very fine. No pony tails yet
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

I'm just glad it's not my fault. My mom was saying it was because of me conditoning it was what was causing him to bald .. but when I wash and comb his has never "falls" out so I knew that wasn't right. Did some research and saw it's normal.

Now I'm so curious what his new hair will look like. It's already dark brown .. I wonder if it'll stay the same or be lighter? The same texture or curlier/straighter? UGH! I hate the mystery haha
Billabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
MOM.ME
I am New

MOM.ME is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats funny! I was freakin out when my sons hair started falling out. He had reddish hair when he was born and now its a dirty dish water blonde
MOM.ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Same with my son. It was reddish when he was born and then came in a lot blonder. He was born with a ton of hair, though, and it never really completely fell out... just a little bit in the back. He still has a lot of hair because I refuse to cut it... I could easily put it in a ponytail. Or even pigtails.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

My niece lost all the back bits of her hair and it is just now growing in---but it's growing like crazy!

My daughter was bald until she was just over two. The little bit she had fell out at about 3 or 4 months.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sunday's hair was bone straight and almost black at birth and barely grew at all until she turned 2 then it was non stop and now is wavy and auburn, I keep it cut at shoulder length

Summer's hair was also bone straight until 3 months then turned very curly, now at 9 months is growing rapidly but not a silky curly but "nappy" curly with some silky curls thrown in the mix. I'm hoping when she's older and it's longer it will all be silky curls
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #10
shannon0603
I am New

shannon0603 is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter was born with a full head of dark brown hair. She lost some of it and it has now grown back a lighter shade of brown but still pretty dark. Still waiting to see if it will be curly as both me and and dad have naturally curly hair.
shannon0603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

I came to find out the reason my baby is balding is because hes been pulling his hair out LOL. Its only bad on the side and a little strip in the back. I watch him when hes fussy and I noticed that he reaches to grab his hair in the bald area but has nothing to hold on to anymore so hes learned to start reaching on the other side. He's been ripping it out!

The rest of his hair is thicker and longer than ever so I'm pretty sure that it. However I have noticed it keeps getting lighter and lighter.