Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey danger will robinson, danger - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default danger will robinson, danger

today we had a visit from my mom's friends, two "aunts" and one "uncle" of my daughter's who saw her at Christmastime. These people have been very generous and caring, and have my daughters needs and best interests at heart. Have bought her clothing, sent her 1st's cards (valentines, st pattys, easter, etc), loaned us baby equipement, and so on. Since most of our family has died off, its nice that others are willing to step in. My daughter now 9 months old displayed the classic stranger danger. She interacted with them but always had one hand on the Mommy during their visit. I guess I'm just happy that she is hitting all of the normal developmental marks on time but moreso that she knows that Mommy has her back and just my presence provided her with the comfort that she needed. tells me I'm doing a good job at learning how to navigate the waters called parenting. Tomorrow I am off to work on cleaning up more of our house with the hope that we will make it home by her first birthday. I'm sure I won't feel so proud of myself when confronted with the residual mess from my choices over the last couple years, but I am making progress. Grammy offered to watch her (very unusual if I don't have an appointment-did have one for tomorrow but left a message to reschedule cuz I have to drive back down on tuesday to see the shrink anyway so want to meet with counselor then, and told Grammy that counselor may have already cancelled me out for Monday so I might not have appt but could use the time to work on my house) Grammy said she would still watch her if I wanted to make the trip so I think I have finally gotten her to some level of understanding that I need to go home even if it is on a part time basis and it has nothing to do with her or my Dad. I was on my own for the last 23 years and need to re-establish some form of independence or "control" over my life and trying to manage it from 60 miles away is becoming impossible. So we are in the stanger danger phase, but I am able to offer my baby comfort and security. Yeah for me! Getting something right...finally....
Old 04-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: danger will robinson, danger

Good for you! All sounds normal to me in regards to the "stranger danger" stage, would only worry if she refused to interact at all. Good luck with your house! I hope you can remake it into a home, soon!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #3
sara1 Female
Setting New Standards

sara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelsara1 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: danger will robinson, danger

Good luck to you Virgo. It is amazing how a small gesture from our children can make all the difference. I hope you can get back home soon!