Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Blank..... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future
beg or prayer Blank.....

My son will be a year old in a couple of months. I want to get a head start since Christmas is coming up too. Where do you have a one year old birthday party? What should you do at a one year old party? My son will not know what is going on so the party is more for other guest which I hate. I really don't want to spend all of this money on other people children when the party is really for my son. Any suggestions? Or can you share what you have done or plan on doing for your child(ren) 1st birthday? My mind is blank...please help me.
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Blank.....

My family just has all our family and close friends over. I also make a cake just for the one year old, and then sit him/her in front of it in their diaper and let them go for it!!!!!

Then I just serve cake and punch....... At that age it is for the family members to celebrate babies first year. That's it. He won't even know how to open a present or anything....but he will LOVE that cake!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future

thanks LSL. That would be a problem as well. I have lots of nephews, cousins, friends with children and my house is not that big to hold a large group of children and adults. Maybe I should have included that in the post.
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Have it at a park. That way kids of all ages have something to do without you entertaining them. That is what I did with my son. He did have his own cake. I took a cooler of drinks and some chips and dip, fruit, snacky stuff. Plus I didn't have the cleanup you do if you have it at home when you do it outside.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Oh, and an important is that parks are free!! I didn't rent a pavilion, just got there early enough to get a picnic table and told guests to bring those folding sport chairs.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I think we took some frisbees and balls, then there was the playground for the little kids, too.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

I spent fortune on the relatives, one of who's children blew out the candles I was ____ bent on getting E to blow out, . I have video....
Don't do that.
Gather those near and dear, make him his own cake and let him bath in it while you sing your heart out HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote