Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey He Did It! He Called me "MaMa"! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Billabong is a glorious beacon of lightBillabong is a glorious beacon of light
dance He Did It! He Called me "MaMa"!

Starting last night my son started calling me "Mama!" Yay! Finally! I let him play on the floor while I laid in bed and watched and I guess he missed me so he started lookin around and said "Mama! Mamamamamamamamaaaaaa!" and he started whining until I got up and he saw me then he started crawling towards me and put his arms up for a pick up and said it again "Mamamamamama!"

Awww What a great feeling. He does it all of the time now mostly when he wants to get my attention or he's ready to eat or sleep. Tug on my pants, Mamamamammama! He better start saying it when he's happy too.

So he just turned 6months now he can

-Say "Mama"
-Crawl
-Climb
-Stand up
-Walk as long as he's holding on to something
-Sit independently
-Roll
-Eat solids
-Pass things back and forth between hands
-Feed himself

I'm so dern proud of my boy. Next Doc asked me to start trying him with a sippy cup soon.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: He Did It! He Called me "MaMa"!

That's awesome!!! SO exciting. I cried when E called me mama....it was so beautiful!!
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #3
littlefoot_223 Female
Board Beacon Parent

littlefoot_223 has a spectacular aura about

i am so happy for you! glad that you got to hear that before he was 2yr old.
Definatly charish those first!
littlefoot_223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

That is sooo wonderful BB, he really is advanced!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

I wanted to cry but I was too busy grinning like crazy

He IS so advanced! I can't keep up. On the one hand I'm happy that he's moving right along, he wants badly to be independent and it seems like every week he's learning to master something new. On the other hand, I'm a bit sad because I don't have much time to cherish him being a little baby because he wants to be a big boy and does so much so quickly. Sometimes I can't keep up.

I can't even keep good records in his baby book because his first year and achievements are going so fast!

For instance, when he first stood up. It was never something I worked on with him. He had JUST learned how to sit independently so he was sitting on the floor playing and the next thing I know he grabbed my leg and pulled himself right up like it was nothing and he stood there for a long time. I was like where did that come from?
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
comingup4air Female

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

SO wonderful, Billabong! You are such a wonderful momma!! You can just tell how much you love him!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Yea!
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Thank you C4U. I do love him like crazy. He's the number one man in my life and the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm very proud and honored to be his mommy.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #9
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
Thank you C4U. I do love him like crazy. He's the number one man in my life and the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm very proud and honored to be his mommy.
You are welcome Billabong...it's the most amazing bond you will ever be a part of.....and the most incredible journey that will change your life forever.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #10
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Billabong!

I remember when my DD said it! Very special! The milestones are all so special and happen so fast. If your like me, I write down everything. Words, things she accomplishes, how many teeth she has... OK, ok maybe I am a bit extreme.
But seriously though, congratulations, you are a great mama!
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
Schroed74
Visitor

Yay!!! Congrats!!! Now I am completely jealous, J still won't say "mama". When I try to get him to say it, he growls at me. LOL! Oh well, it will come in time.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:13 AM   #12
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Nat - I'm going to be like you and start keeping better records. When everything started happening so fast I kinda gave up LOL

Schroed - My baby does the same thing. When I would hold him I'd keep saying "Mama" over and over and he'd just look at me crazy, sometimes he'd smile. I'm so shocked that he decided to say it when he needed me .. I really didn't think he even understood what the word meant. But every time I do something for him I say "Mama" is doing it and I've done that since he was born.

"Mama is here" when he cries.
"Let Mama change you"
"Mama is going to get you a bottle"'

I guess it's true what they say .. babies are smarter than we think and pick up on all sorts of things.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #13
captmatrix
Lively & Zealous Parent

captmatrix is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sad. I miss those "firsts."

Congratulations, Mama! Enjoy every minute of it...it truly goes too fast...
captmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #14
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Super neat!!!!!

My boys all said dad before mom. I winder if they were telling me something?
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #15
comingup4air Female

Dad - Kids can sense things that would astound you! One of my earliest memories is that of fear. All 4 of us were so little and sitting in a room playing. I remember hearing footsteps and feeling instant terror....until I saw that it was Mom that came thru the door and not my Dad. I was so relieved. I was 3.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingup4air View Post
Dad - Kids can sense things that would astound you! One of my earliest memories is that of fear. All 4 of us were so little and sitting in a room playing. I remember hearing footsteps and feeling instant terror....until I saw that it was Mom that came thru the door and not my Dad. I was so relieved. I was 3.
I'm so sorry, That hurts, as a Dad, to hear that man was like that.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
comingup4air Female

Thanks Dad.

Anyhoo....I bet Billabong is still on her MOMMA high!!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #18
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

I am very thrilled. I do feel the bond growing between us every day and I can tell he really loves me and trusts me. That makes me feel so good. Everything I ever went through to get him here has been so worth it.

I always hear "DaDa" is supposed to come first because its easiest for babies to say. Funny though, my son hasn't said anything even close to "DaDa" .. so like Dad, I'm wondering if that says anything
Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
snickermel
Parent on Board

snickermel is an unknown quantity at this point

Awesome! watching your baby grow is such a fun thing!
snickermel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #20
happymommy2009
I am New

happymommy2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my gosh! That is so sweet!!
I know how proud you must be!
happymommy2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #21
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I feel your excitement, starting to get...

Mom, Momma, MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA to which I reply, yes darling.

Glad she didn't start with Dadadada, I know its supposed to be easier for them to form that combination, but I do all the darn work!
Virgo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #22
Fatallyurs Male
Learning to Surf The Board

Fatallyurs is an unknown quantity at this point

My son said mama for the first time on Christmas... He was 7months old....he doesn't have a dada, but that's all I get out of him. He will say dada, and I say mama back to him.... He says mama about once a month....and it makes me sad, I know he can say it....he won't, he says dada instead.....I'm not sure where he's getting it.
Fatallyurs is offline   Reply With Quote