Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey To Circumcise or Not Circumcise.... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
AngeliqueDiCieli
Active Board Parent

AngeliqueDiCieli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Circumcise or Not Circumcise....

Ok, this is a big battle going on inside me. I know how the ex feels about it, and while his opinion doesn't really matter at this point, he did make a vaild argument.... He doesn't feel it's medically necessary to circumcise. But then again he said this wasn't something he was going to fight me on either....

So here is my question!!! Which is better?!?!?!
AngeliqueDiCieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #2
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future
Default Re: To Circumcise or Not Circumcise....

I had my son done because a friend of mine had to get her son done when he was older and it was harder on him at that age then it is for enfant. Just my opinion but if I had to decide again I wouldn't think twice.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
Trey's Daddy
Lively & Zealous Parent

Trey's Daddy is a jewel in the rough

I would recomend reading http://www.medicinenet.com/circumcis...ns/article.htm
"to be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting..." --e.e. cummings
Trey's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #4
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Bubba is done...just because...
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I won't advise you either way because many people have strong opinions on it both ways.

But I will say that considering the way your ex has handled the pregnancy thus far, and especially considering he's probably not even the father, you do what YOU feel is best. If you let him change your mind on something you might not be agreeable on, I promise, you will regret it down the road.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
AngeliqueDiCieli
Active Board Parent

Well that is the thing... I honestly don't know what is best. I'm not a guy (LOL)... I know some kids grow up and wish they hadn't been.... I mean I know I don't have to get it done when he's born.... But I still don't know if it should be done....

TD - I will look at that link later.... Working atm.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmichele07 View Post
I won't advise you either way because many people have strong opinions on it both ways.

But I will say that considering the way your ex has handled the pregnancy thus far, and especially considering he's probably not even the father, you do what YOU feel is best. If you let him change your mind on something you might not be agreeable on, I promise, you will regret it down the road.
I agree totally
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
Mr. Rogers
Active Board Parent

Mr. Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

This can be a tuff one. I heard all the rumors about uncleanliness but when it comes down to it proper education makes it no difference. as diseases either way should teach them about condoms. I am circumcised and i wanted my son to be too because I was but I didn't have medical when he was born so all money went to cost of birth, so my son is uncircumcised. He has had no trouble with it. one pro and one con i found out ( not huge ) was that many american women are use to seeing circumcised _____ so can be odd situation when it comes to being sexual with a woman if its the first time she has seen one uncircumcised. A guy may feel odd with a weird facial expression. On the other hand, circumsition can lose some of the sensation in the _____ making sex not as pleasurable ( sex either way is very pleasurable but lose of nerves can make it where you are missing extra sensations) I was this case, it used to take along time to orgasm ( most woman I have dealt with due not like the guy to last alot longer then them, It used to be an issue with xwife and a few others. If they go dry after their orgasm they don't like it or if they orgasm multiple times and you haven't they subconsciencely think you are not feeling that good just like guys they don't like feeling they are not good in bed. I had a Apadravya done and that changed everything for me. much more compatible in timing due to a huge increase of sensation, made me wish i never been circumcised. both of these situations arent that big of a deal since either is fixable. If the woman likes him she won't care after awhile if he is uncircumcised and if lose of sensation happens he can get many style of piercings that can change that. these are just two thought patterns that most never think about
Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
hhays4
On the Board

hhays4 is an unknown quantity at this point

All 4 of my boys have been circumcised. I was told that it helps to cut down the odds of prostate cancer. You have to go with what you feel is right, though. One thing is if you are going to get it done, get it done sooner rather than later. Hope you get it figured out.
hhays4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
AngeliqueDiCieli
Active Board Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Rogers View Post
This can be a tuff one. I heard all the rumors about uncleanliness but when it comes down to it proper education makes it no difference. as diseases either way should teach them about condoms. I am circumcised and i wanted my son to be too because I was but I didn't have medical when he was born so all money went to cost of birth, so my son is uncircumcised. He has had no trouble with it. one pro and one con i found out ( not huge ) was that many american women are use to seeing circumcised _____ so can be odd situation when it comes to being sexual with a woman if its the first time she has seen one uncircumcised. A guy may feel odd with a weird facial expression. On the other hand, circumsition can lose some of the sensation in the _____ making sex not as pleasurable ( sex either way is very pleasurable but lose of nerves can make it where you are missing extra sensations) I was this case, it used to take along time to orgasm ( most woman I have dealt with due not like the guy to last alot longer then them, It used to be an issue with xwife and a few others. If they go dry after their orgasm they don't like it or if they orgasm multiple times and you haven't they subconsciencely think you are not feeling that good just like guys they don't like feeling they are not good in bed. I had a Apadravya done and that changed everything for me. much more compatible in timing due to a huge increase of sensation, made me wish i never been circumcised. both of these situations arent that big of a deal since either is fixable. If the woman likes him she won't care after awhile if he is uncircumcised and if lose of sensation happens he can get many style of piercings that can change that. these are just two thought patterns that most never think about
I think this was my ex's biggest thing... He thought of the pleasure....

I hate to do it, just because it's socially acceptable.... Ya know?
Old 05-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
Mr. Rogers
Active Board Parent

Mr. Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeliqueDiCieli View Post
I think this was my ex's biggest thing... He thought of the pleasure....

I think most people do it because it is a socially expected. not all circumcistions lose sensations but it is a consideration. I know with my x wife she literally didnt like doing it because she new it would take another 30 to 40 min for me after she cam. She didnt like doing it unless I agreed that if I didnt cum before she did then I would have to manually finish myself. caused alot of problems, it also caused her to have self confidense problems sexually. But I do think that it might not be that common. hopefully others comment about that which will help you make a descision
Old 05-04-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngeliqueDiCieli View Post
Some areas of the country, it's actually more common not to circumcise.

If it's a concern of yours, I'd research the medical data supporting both sides so you can make an informed decision based on something concrete, rather than look at the "pleasure" aspect. Either way you do it, it's not like he's going to be able to compare one to the other (unless you opt not to and then he decides to do it on his own after becoming sexually active... which is highly unlikely unless it's necessary for medical reasons...) Some people are naturally more sensitive than others regardless of whether or not they are circumcised, so it's really not a guarantee that a person who is circumcised would have had more enjoyment had he not been circumcised.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote