Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Teething - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future
Default Teething

Hi Everyone,

I believe my son is really in the teething stage. My mom just called and said he has been fussy ever since I dropped him off this morning, has a fever and not eating. He was fine last night and this morning, but in the middle of his sleep he started coughing like he swollowed too much saliva and he started grabbing his ears very hard this morning. I know last week he had diarrhea. Has any of your children had any of these symptoms while teething or should I take him to the doctor?
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Schroed74
Visitor

Default Re: Teething

J had all those symptoms except for the coughing. He also gets diaper rashs when he is teething. If he keeps pulling at his ears I would take him to the doc just to make sure it isn't an ear infection. It is so hard to tell with J cuz he has always pulled on his ears. I would usually give him children's tylenol and a cold washcloth to gnaw on.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

While all those symptoms could be caused by teething, I think I would take him to the Dr just to be sure...though I probably wouldn't rush if he had an appt. comming up in the next week or so anyway, unless he got worse.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future

We went to the doctor Monday and it end up being an ear infection. I am exhausted. He is miserable. He does not sleep during the night unless he is laying on me, his fever is still going up and down. I feel so bad for my baby.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Does he normally sleep with you or in a crib?

If you elevate his head while he's sleeping, he'll be more comfortable because it will alleviate all the pressure in his head and ears. Stick a pillow UNDERNEATH the crib mattress at one end to put it at an incline and then obviously put his head at the elevated end. That will help.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

He sleeps in his crib and every time I put him in there he cried hysterically. So for the past few days he has been with me. thanks for the advice i will do that tonight.