Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Sleeping arrangements with baby... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Baby's First Year

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
humm Sleeping arrangements with baby...

So, for the past perhaps 2 weeks, R has been working on his top two teeth. They have now only just broken through, but he was waking up in pain every night, sometime around 4:30-5. The only way I could get him back to sleep was to bring him into my bed with me. He would snuggle into my side and get right back to sleep.
I don't want this to become a habit or norm but already he just WILL NOT go back to sleep if I just put him back in his crib after he dozes off again. He instantly awakens and will not stop crying until I pick him back up and take him back to my bed.... on top of which when I do this I only half sleep because I am terrified of rolling onto him or him rolling off. So I end up even more exhausted and I feel like I am encouraging something I don't want to continue.

Any suggestions for breaking him of the habit/alternative ways to soothe him??
Thank you!
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Sleeping arrangements with baby...

Can you place a cot or a bed next to yours, sorry, I practiced Attachment parenting, but Im a light sleeper too.

When Mine where in a crib, I took the drop side off, and tied it to my side of the bed, I could keep my kid in the crib and in arm distance to pat/rub their back for soothing, or to breastfeed at night without fully waking and move my baby back to the crib area.

Just some ideas to think about

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

http://www.attachmentparenting.org/principles/night.php
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Sleeping arrangements with baby...

Thanks MB.
I haven't been doing attachment parenting- sadly I was unable to breastfeed, had to get straight back to work and school. and I really don't want to end up sharing a bed with my child.
Maybe I can implement bits and pieces though.
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote