Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey why is life like this - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Florida

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #1
Christopher N
I am New

Christopher N is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all . im a 31 yr old computer repair tech.
with 2 kids . william age 7 with cystic Fibrosis
and hannah age 2. wife left me in august to be with my friend i bailed out of jail and tried helping out. also learned she was with my uncle as well. im trying to hold it together the best i can.have my children every other week.8 years we
were together for her to throw it away for a fling
just blows my mind.im in central florida looking for someone to talk to about what i can expect
in a polk county courtroom.Im scared and feel alone.
Christopher N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
Christopher N
I am New

Christopher N is an unknown quantity at this point

hello all . im a 31 yr old computer repair tech.
with 2 kids . william age 7 with cystic Fibrosis
and hannah age 2. wife left me in august to be with my friend i bailed out of jail and tried helping out. also learned she was with my uncle as well. im trying to hold it together the best i can.have my children every other week.8 years we
were together for her to throw it away for a fling
just blows my mind.im in central florida looking for someone to talk to about what i can expect
in a polk county courtroom.Im scared and feel alone.
Christopher N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #3
Ty's mom
Setting New Standards

Ty's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so sorry that you feel so alone and scared. I wish I had advice for you, but I've never been through it. I would like to welcome you to SFV and let you know that there are tons of great people all throughout this site. Possibly try posting your story in the ex forum and see if someone can give you advice. They may not know what to expect in Polk County specifically, but they may be able to give you advice on the court system where it pertains to this type of law! Good luck to you and I hope you stick around!
Old 11-18-2004, 01:45 PM   #4
kevinsmom
I am New

kevinsmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Chris hang in there I am sure you will be ok. SOmetimes life deals us a really bad card which was my case , but it will get better.
kevinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:07 PM   #5
BUKWHEAT
Board Member

BUKWHEAT is an unknown quantity at this point

HI,i went through a marriage/divorce somewhat like yours.if your wife is openly irresponsable or isn't after custody you shouldn't have a problem with the judge(document everything).just don't expect a ton of child support or rewards from the judge.this is one of the few area's in life where a woman gets preffered treatment over a man.no matter what...also,instead of hiring an attorney.approach your wife with a small cash settlement of your divorce.get her to sign over legal custody,house,etc...and just file a simple divorce(get it in writing!)after spending 10k on mine and still barely keeping my girls that would have been a much cheaper and less painfull way to go.
good luck.it doesn't get much easier from here out.just get rid of the ex wife drama and you might be able to enjoy yourself.
feel free to email at :bukwheat32827@yahoo.com

buk
BUKWHEAT is offline   Reply With Quote