Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey small town and single.. TOUGH! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
reid26 Female
On the Board

reid26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default small town and single.. TOUGH!

anyone else find it tough to be single living in a small area? .. i grew up here seems i can't meet anyone here... i am fine with being single for now.. I am raising my 4 kids, i work full time and going back to school but at times i think it would be nice to meet someone that wasn't a jerk... and the online dating thing hasn't worked out.. hooked me up with my ex! LOL.. and a handful of guys that were only there for 1 thing... really seemed like a waste of time
reid26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: small town and single.. TOUGH!

Yeah when I do run into a male that is single it is always the ex of somebody I know..... I gave up long ago, too much going on here, no time, no cares anymore. I'll be here alone someday when they all leave the nest.

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I live in a town of 500. I moved here about 5 years ago with my sons and the then wife.
The Lady I am dating moved here after her divorce and we are new kids in town . And we did not even date locals
We both love our little town,and we both plan on being here many years.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute

Well you have meet some nice people already.

US or do we fit in to the jerk group?

enjoy the group here. here is the real world, not out there.

Dawg
FlyingDevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
reid26 Female
On the Board

guess i been feeling a little lonely lately.. watching my dvds alone and nobody to cuddle with.. of course there is nobody to argue for the remote with either or pick on me for the renting the chic flicks..LMAO...
Old 05-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I think we all feel that now and then... or often, or all the timeLOL

As my kids grow my fear is the alone time when they are gone...though I hear they never really leave!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
reid26 Female
On the Board

i get really lonely on the extremely rare occassions when my older 3 are with my ex husband and DD goes with her dad and i have no plans and am off of work.. that really sucks.. at first i get excited and then i get really depressed... i think of what it will be like if i don't meet someone before they all grow up and move on... my ex husband has always been single and tells me all the time.. there will never be anyone but you.. oh please.. but he has never been with anyone else.. but DD's dad is already living with someone.. idk.. makes me sad.. sometimes I want someone too... :-(
Old 05-14-2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I didn't realize we were in MA.... I'm a North Shore native, where abouts are you?

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 05-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
reid26 Female
On the Board

western mass.. berkshires.. i used to go to the north shore for vacation every summer as a kid!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

I wasn't north north shore, that 129/93 connect area.... it sure is small town out where you are, funny people think of MA and they think of the Bostonians (BD), but there is so much more to the state than that!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 05-14-2011, 10:45 PM   #11
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Mom View Post
I wasn't north north shore, that 129/93 connect area.... it sure is small town out where you are, funny people think of MA and they think of the Bostonians (BD), but there is so much more to the state than that!
It's all useless...but Martha's Vineyard is the Masshole epicenter
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
Mama Swan Female
Tree hugger at heart

Mama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba'sDad View Post
It's all useless...but Martha's Vineyard is the Masshole epicenter
Why am I not surprised you had to add your opinion on us Massholes?
Mama Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #13
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Re-mom threw the softball, I just did my part
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #14
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Jersey, LMAO! Give it up bubbaloo

If I'm going to play ball it sure as ____ isn't going to be softball....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 05-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #15
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

I also live in a small town surrounded by countryside, everybody knows everybody here and i like that, but i do often think im never gonna meet anyone round here, but thats fine, dont where you eat and all that. I get lonely alot too, but i know it wont be forever