Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey FRO - court order child support changes - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Claire Marie Female
On the Board

Claire Marie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FRO - court order child support changes

I'm in Ontario, Canada. Long... long story short.... agreed with changes to child support with a court finalized in a court order earlier this year, which had the amount changing as the responsibility for 2 of the children changed (payment was to end). Since I didn't notice the garnished amount changing on the agree dates, I contacted FRO (I'm the receiver). They told me that the amount awarded was not per their tabled amount (as stated in the order) so they could not make the change. It was noted that I called in inquire, but its up to the payor to return to court to have the court order corrected. So, its in my favour, but I don't understand how this just 'sits on some one's desk' until the ex takes notice and does something (this could take a long time).
Claire Marie is offline   Reply With Quote