Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I'm not sure what else's to do - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
mommy22 Female
Board Member

mommy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm not sure what else's to do

My sons father has not paid in two years. I'm having a hard time paying for childcare but I cannot get assistance cause they say i masked too much yet I can't keep up with bills. I've contacted my case worker server all times and they say they cannot find him but I've given his address several times and he is still there. Is there anything else I can do in this situation? I mean if not I'm going to have to quit working and get food stamps or live off government or something but I worked really hard to get through college and I would rather be working and using my degree
mommy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: I'm not sure what else's to do

The reality is that you have to file for contempt and ask for confinement. Once that is on the table, no idiot wants to go to jail. They will manage to make some type of payments. Going through child support enforcement in some states, can be a joke.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:47 AM   #3
Savwy1980 Female
On the Board

Savwy1980 has a brilliant futureSavwy1980 has a brilliant futureSavwy1980 has a brilliant future

LSL is absolutely correct. Once confronted with contempt/confinement my baby daddy always pays- in my state they can only get 3 months behind (which I still think is too long to be quite frank.) and the contempt order is sent. However, also in my state, the jails are overcrowded and so they will actually let them slide. Double edge sword really.
Savwy1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #4
SetMeFree Female
On the Board

SetMeFree is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine did not pay on the initial temporary support order until 3 days before they were scheduled to take his driver's license away. He lost his passport(or ability to renew it...expired during divorce process) long before his driver's license and from what I understand, can't have his passport back until all of the back child support is paid...5k ..paid at the rate of $5 per week.

One of my neighbors is self employed and has a child in another state....from time to time he is late on a child support payment because work slows down ....the State of Florida drags him into court in less than a month...often a day or two after he has mailed in a payment.

Try not to go on state assistance until you know exactly what is available...there is surprisingly little help available where I live. Here in Florida cash assistance was $300 a month and I had to spend 40 hours a week at the local county employment center(no car or bus available to get there). No housing assistance(several year waiting list), when I desperately needed it...there was no utility assistance available for 6 months. I managed food stamps and medicaid when I had absolutely nothing.
SetMeFree is offline   Reply With Quote