Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey lien on house? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-01-2015, 12:12 AM   #1
kkakn Female
On the Board

kkakn is an unknown quantity at this point
humm lien on house?

My ex husband, we have 2 kids together, is behind more than 56k in child support. He hasn't paid a dime since last September and even when he did pay, he never paid all of what he was supposed to every month. He has a girlfriend and she has a young son; they all live together in a house in Texas. I don't know if his name is on the house or not but I'd like to find out and try to get a lien put on it. I hope that doesn't sound horrible but this man is driving around in nice cars, sending our kid pics of him putting new rims on a car, works but has no child support coming out. For months he claimed it was being worked on but now he says he is about to start a "W2 job so you should get it soon ".of course, I don't believe him and I'm tired of it.

I don't think his gf knows he is behind to that extent. She may not even know he was kicked out of the Navy and has a horrible problem with telling lies. She's really nice and I'd ask her, but she may just take it as me being a bitter ex. No, I promise I don't want this "man", but I do think he should pay child support. How can I find out if he owns the house in Texas (in his name) and any vehicles he may have in his name? I let my kids go see him for spring break and mg daughter said he had 2000 bucks just in the car. The man just isn't taking care of his kids.
kkakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: lien on house?

House is easy, Google ip your counties registry of deeds and search by his name and/or address

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future

Let your child support agency enforce for you. I think that you only need the address, some property parcels are online. I am sure that his GF knows. My BF is behind almost 20K. If your point in telling her is to diminish him in her eyes, then look at your motives before you inform her of his past wrongs. It speaks more about you than him.

As a child support paying woman, I know how most men feel about that financial obligation. It causes mixed emotions. You know that you need to financially take care of your kids, but the main reason you have the obligation is because you are not allowed to see them very much. It is that "gatekeeping" that causes resentment.
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #4
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

My ex pays CS, I do not deal with her directly I go through Court Services. Here it is free and the Judges order it anyway.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:02 AM   #5
kkakn Female
On the Board

kkakn is an unknown quantity at this point

No, I'm not informing her to diminish him. He'll do that on his own and him being preoccupied elsewhere keeps him busy enough to not cause too much trouble with us. I'm Pretty sure she has no clue.

From what I found, the house isn't his. Maybe he is doing a rent to own type of thing, but probably renting and not in his name.

I will call the CSA and give them his address. Last time I tried calling the person on the phone was not very helpful. Just kept saying If it meets the criteria them we do this or that. Well, I'm sure by now he meets most criteria but they aren't doing anything.
kkakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #6
DaddyCakes Male
The Other White Meat!

DaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With SupportDaddyCakes Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I know one thing that California does on CS cases...

They will put a Lein on the Credit/Name of the NCP which hits edvery time they try to buy something. I couldn't buy a car until it was cleared and as for a house...Not with the lein on the credit report.