Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Felony non support of a child? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #1
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Felony non support of a child?

So I talked with my CSEA being as how Exie just quit the only job he's had in 4 years, supposedly due to his carpal tunnel (yet in court yesterday staTed he planned on doing a crafting business with some family..... wouldn't that make it worse?).

I'm thinking about pursuing criminal charges, as I learned that is an option since it's been 4 years and he's well over $20,000 owed.

Has anyone else gone down this avenue? Does it work?
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #2
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Felony non support of a child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf829 View Post

I'm thinking about pursuing criminal charges,

Has anyone else gone down this avenue? Does it work?
I haven't and probably wouldn't. I know he has caused you a lot of grief (massive grief), and your family, but what would come of it? Do you think he would pay? Or has it to pay? Or would it be just another obstacle for him? Are you hurting terribly for money? Or is this you just trying to account for some of the pain he has caused? Sorry. Not trying to be harsh...not sure how the situation is now, but I think for the most part, due to his own stupidity, isn't he kind of out of the picture? Or is he being stupider and causing more grief?

I am far from defending him, so please don't take it that way. I think I would just let it ride the way it has been. Why stress you and yours out more, spend more money, add fuel to a fire that has no more wood to burn?

Idk. Just my thoughts. I haven't walked in your shoes. Just don't know that I'd choose more court, more fee's, more aggravation.....

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
cf829 Female

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Oh it wouldn't cost me money. The DA would prosecute.

The thing is I'm uncertain of how long he will be out of the picture. The court seems to think though the abuse happened next to my son, since it didn't happen to him, he should at some point be reunited with his father.

I guess it would be my security policy of keeping R safe if I could do it.

At this point I don't think I'll ever see the money.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
bluewave Female

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I have no idea, CF, I'd never heard of that. I wish LSL would come along and post!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #5
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

My thought was with WS's comment..... to what end? Would it be worth the stress and backlash.
I'd look at the costs (not as in money) and the rewards beyond money.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Forgot about that aspect CF. Tough spot and you didn't choose to be in it. Not even going to get started on how mad that makes me.

If the DA would pursue charges what may be the consequences? Jail?

Seeing so many issues here. I've vented before about my frustration with the courts and social services. Some parents do not deserve parental rights. Just my take from my experience.

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Old 01-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #7
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

O and how long? Is there a standard or minimum for that per state?

~Just me
Old 01-06-2016, 09:04 PM   #8
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Wow.....wish I could offer insight or wisdom on this one. I doubt the money will magically appear......but if it is a way to protect R it might be at least worth investigating.
Sadly, given the history, he gets too many "last warnings" and "second chances". I'm not sure even this would do what you would like it to.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #9
happygal Female
Learning to Surf The Board

happygal is a splendid one to beholdhappygal is a splendid one to behold
dance Re: Felony non support of a child?

I would probably throw his ____ in jail. I am sorry, even if I didn't need the money. I am really big on responsibilities.. I mean, you don't get a break.. why should he. I don't know all the details.. but if it is avail and free. I mean, 4 years is a long time to have nothing. If you are not in danger.. yes I would probably do it. 20,000 is a lot.... I wouldn't have let it get that far..You are a pretty nice person.

I would have went after him after a couple of months. I have had people walk on me for so long.. I just don't have the tolerance for that anymore.. Just pay what you need to pay and move on.. What is so hard about that? Remember it is about your child, not him. We women need to keep feelings out of it, it is just taking care of your child.

Its BUSINESS.
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #10
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I'd do it. It is jail time. And would force him to work. Maybe even in some kind of work release. So jail keeps him away from his son. I view it as an insurance policy.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:18 PM   #11
1702 Male
I am New

1702 is a glorious beacon of light1702 is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Felony non support of a child?

Not so sure on the Jail issue. Never going to accomplish anything putting him in the cell or anyone for that matter. Unless it just outright makes one feel better. Some people are just that way.
I am behind like powerball type money according to California. 80% of which is interest. my story to me anyway is much different than just not paying and ignoring the debt.
There is no warrant, no DL suspension,, no anything,, just start paying the monthly amount they tell me. Son is 28. Last time I seen him, he was in Diapers. Just the way things happened. Ex-Wife never wanted me put in jail. I thought he was adopted,, signed all paperwork, she never executed final court date and I never knew of it. She got divorced from a rich husband, and then wanted my money.
I missed like 5 years of not paying, but started paying after went to court in 95. payed till he was 18. He emancipated,, but I can never payoff the debt due to Interest. I could pay 400 a month till I die and never pay it off.

If I was in jail would not be able to pay anything. So you have to go with the good or the bad. I have even tried to take money out of my 401k to make a settlement with the ex,, but not allowed because support arrears are not considered hardship,,

You can raise heck and hope they end up in jail,, but in long run nothing gained except ones ego is at ease.
1702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #12
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1702 View Post
Not so sure on the Jail issue. Never going to accomplish anything putting him in the cell or anyone for that matter. Unless it just outright makes one feel better. Some people are just that way.
I am behind like powerball type money according to California. 80% of which is interest. my story to me anyway is much different than just not paying and ignoring the debt.
There is no warrant, no DL suspension,, no anything,, just start paying the monthly amount they tell me. Son is 28. Last time I seen him, he was in Diapers. Just the way things happened. Ex-Wife never wanted me put in jail. I thought he was adopted,, signed all paperwork, she never executed final court date and I never knew of it. She got divorced from a rich husband, and then wanted my money.
I missed like 5 years of not paying, but started paying after went to court in 95. payed till he was 18. He emancipated,, but I can never payoff the debt due to Interest. I could pay 400 a month till I die and never pay it off.

If I was in jail would not be able to pay anything. So you have to go with the good or the bad. I have even tried to take money out of my 401k to make a settlement with the ex,, but not allowed because support arrears are not considered hardship,,

You can raise heck and hope they end up in jail,, but in long run nothing gained except ones ego is at ease.
I am trying to find some validity in your post, but I just can't. We as single parents are not trying to stroke our egos. We are trying to get justice out of a system that finds the guilty to be innocent and allows them to continue to avoid the consequences of their actions while it destroys the innocent along the way.

There comes a point when enough becomes enough and we take whatever measures possible because nothing else we have tried works. And frankly, even if a dime of money is never produced, there is comfort knowing that our abuser, our user, our useless sperm or egg donor will not breath fresh air and we can have a period of time where we do not have to be consumed by the specter of their ghosts.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:26 PM   #13
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

1702, sometimes there is a story behind all of this. I don't normally recommend jail time. However, cf has posted here for years. I know her story on and off this board. Believe me, this guy is not going to get it absent jail. And in a lot of states they do allow work release for non payment of child support. She would get money. I am betting money Kasich's state has that plan in place.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:57 AM   #14
1702 Male
I am New

1702 is a glorious beacon of light1702 is a glorious beacon of light

Let me start by apologizing.
Did not mean that sound like I was talking just about CF's post in general. I guess I did not re think what I had posted. Again really did not mean it to come across like that.

I have a friend that works with me, and kinda in the same boat as I am, but it does not matter what she tries to do, she gets threatened with I will put you in jail by her her ex. And when I read the post, I was thinking about her case. I agree that a lot of times, when done solely to get out of your responsibility of taking care of a child, then you have to pay the piper to say then you take all roads one can take.

As in my case or my friend just because of the arrears or how much they are does not mean throw me in jail because I do not have that much money or something along those lines,, Really do mean I did not try to underscore the post, really sorry. And I see the light.

Like in my case,,, I am in one state, the support enforced by another,, and she lives in a different state. I am trying to right the wrong, but multiple states can work together to penalize you on support issues whether it be thrown in jail or what have you. But 2 states will not work together to solve the issue.

Again sorry it came out or across wrong.
1702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #15
cf829 Female

I wouldn't pursue jail if he ever tried to pay. But he's never paid more than $100 and that was a good month. Plus I have other safety concerns. I am sorry if your situation is unsure, but blame guys like my son's father who make it tough on everyone out there.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:03 AM   #16
cf829 Female

Thank you LSL and Virgo. Virgo your post especially struck me in general....
Old 04-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #17
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future

I would just wait until the Social Security Years and enjoy getting the money at that time in my life.
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote