Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Support not being paid after 8 day trial. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
sage
I am New

sage is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am new here. I have three children, 14dd, 9ds, and 9ds. Their father and I went through a 3 1/2 year divorce, and an 8 day trial. We just got the judges memorandum at the end of January. Ex was ordered to pay me on the 1st and 16th of every month. Well, he decided not to pay me. I am so upset. After everything we have been though... all the money owed to lawyers for the trial... and we are going to have to back to court again.

I am just so frustrated. I wish I was financially independent and didn't care if he paid or not... but we need that money.

Plus, the judge ordered the house to be sold immediately. He has refused to give me a key so I can get in with my realtor so we can eventually list the house for sale. So I have to go court to get a key.

Anyway, nice to be here among folks who understand how frustrating this can be.
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #2
sage
I am New

sage is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I am new here. I have three children, 14dd, 9ds, and 9ds. Their father and I went through a 3 1/2 year divorce, and an 8 day trial. We just got the judges memorandum at the end of January. Ex was ordered to pay me on the 1st and 16th of every month. Well, he decided not to pay me. I am so upset. After everything we have been though... all the money owed to lawyers for the trial... and we are going to have to back to court again.

I am just so frustrated. I wish I was financially independent and didn't care if he paid or not... but we need that money.

Plus, the judge ordered the house to be sold immediately. He has refused to give me a key so I can get in with my realtor so we can eventually list the house for sale. So I have to go court to get a key.

Anyway, nice to be here among folks who understand how frustrating this can be.
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not completely sure about this however, if he becomes $5k or over in arrears it can become a felony with up to 5 years in prison?

I heard some recent proposals to lower this amount to $2.5K.

You could ask your local Child Support Enforcement (CSE) agency to assist you with collecting child support.

Make sure you document and keep receipts of payments.
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Trey's Daddy
Lively & Zealous Parent

Trey's Daddy is a jewel in the rough

Contact your attorney and take him back to court. This time he is in contempt and HE will have to pay both his attorney fees and yours as well as any fines and back payments he owes. Also try to get your CS directly taken from his paychecks so that you don't have to deal with him anymore.

-J
"to be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting..." --e.e. cummings
Trey's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So I have to go court to get a key </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're on the deed, why not just get a locksmith to open it for you. May be lest costly than taking him to court where he can say he lost it and you'd have to hire a locksmith in the end.

hmmm... unless he resides there I suppose you would have to evict him... or whatever the laws in your state dictates.
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:39 AM   #6
Dexy Female
I am New

Dexy is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Re: Support not being paid after 8 day t

As for such dangerous as burglary, which is likely to happen to anyone, especially in a big city. Not all the attempts are successful in this case, but in most cases burglary repair is still needed. Now we are talking about emergency door repair which presupposes lock repair, changing locks or keys, consulting on what lock it is better to choose and how to maintain it in a good condition. So, you able to calling 24 hour locksmith Vaughan (Ontario)
Dexy is offline   Reply With Quote