Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey 40 Something and NW of Boston.. - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
Smile1017
I am New

Smile1017 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All - I am new to this site and I have joined to try and find some single 40 something Mom's to just hang out that actually like to do things. I have a lot of married friends that don't seem to have any time to do anything anymore and I am getting tired of waiting around of them to step up. Is there anyone in the NW area of Boston (Acton, Chelmsford, Littleton, Lowell, Westford etc..) area that is having this same issue? Are there any local clubs or activities that you have found that may be worth investigating?
Smile1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Well...I'm not a 40yo Mom. I'm a 32yo Dad.

However, I once tried going out with the NW Mass chapter of Parents Without Partners. They were mostly 40yo women and I didn't feel like I fit in, but maybe it'd be a good place for you. They first make you attend an orientation and pay a small fee, but after that they mostly have outings with and without the children. You can check out the events on their calendar -> http://www.pwp817.com/

BTW - don't be discouraged by the age of the people at the orientation meeting. They're usually much older than the people that attend the events.

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #3
Aggs
I am New

Aggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

You may want to check out the Boston/Providence Single Parents Meetup group on meetup.com.

http://singleparents.meetup.com/417/

We do a lot of activities for adults and kids. Most of the events are on the South Shore or Boston but we are trying to do more North of Boston as well.

The ages and situations of parents and kids are very diverse, the only criteria being 1) you are a parent and 2) you are single.

It's not a dating group but there's no rules against it.

Good luck!

Aggs
Aggs is offline   Reply With Quote