Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Went to sit in the CS office again - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future
humm Went to sit in the CS office again

Well, went to CS office on Tuesday morning and waited an hour and a half to talk to the representative. Gave her my updated info on him and he newly posted resume. She looked at my file and said well he is exactly 30 days last night that he did not make a payment. He has never had his dl suspended before for your child support. I told her I have never let him get that far behind. She said why don't we just call him and ask him where he works. I told her if he told me that I would go and give the place the court order for CS myself that is why he will not tell me. I also mentioned that he was behind 6 months in CS to the other child not mine. I was just confused why he had a dl when he was not paying for that child and how can the state decide which kid to pay for and which kid not to pay for that seems stupid. She did confirm they had been garnishing his wages. She told me the other case was inactive. I asked her what that meant. She said she did not know. I simply told her, I did not want to have my case be inactive. I told her when he gets his dl suspended then I talk to whoever it is that is suppose to be driving my son around directly and let them know if they knowingly let my exhusband drive my child around I will bring them up on neglect charges because they are knowing letting him drive without insurance with a child in the car. Anyway my ex really tries to avoid me giving his new gf any information about his lack of child support payments or his driving skills. I am hopeful that I will get sometype of payment within the next 60 days. Yes, they have to be a total of 3 months behind before their dl really gets suspended.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Went to sit in the CS office again

They have never suspended my ex's DL and he has been 3 months behind Multiple times over the course of the past 10yrs.
Seems inconsistent, here anyway, as far as that and the tax refund garnishment is concerned...

Good luck!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

The only way I've gotten my CSEA to do anything was pestering them daily or every other day. I think they finally did something just to make me stop calling...
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

Only the people who stay diligent about getting paid get paid. Proof I get paid and the other mom does not. She never got paid until I started getting CS. she is in a different county, not sure what that has to do with it. Anyway, he will do something soon, or he will not have a dl to pick my son up from school or provide visitation.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #5
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Well, that doesn't make sense. How can they pay one and not the other?? Plus, isn't there a way to find out where he works? From his social? You can't do that, but I know that the state can.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
cf829 Female

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

What's strange is if her order came first, hers should be paid first... not yours.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

It's inactive. That means they are not enforcing it. Typically this is by agreement of the mom not collecting.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

Well that makes sense. One minute she was up for the boys meeting and then the next she stopped talking to me all together. he must have told her if her son meets my son then he will try to go for some time sharing agreement with her son. I totally get why she would not want to have her son spend time with him. This will bite him in the bottom sooner or later. My son really wants to meet his brother some day and when he finds out his father kept him from him he will be very upset.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

Well, I see that CS will have his license suspended by June 10 if he does not make some kind of payment. First time his license will be suspended related to my support case.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
calooa Female
Finding my way

calooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidisfirst View Post
Well, I see that CS will have his license suspended by June 10 if he does not make some kind of payment. First time his license will be suspended related to my support case.
I truly hope this happens but please don't count on it. My ex was told he had to pay his full child support amount plus some to his arrears or his license would be suspended. He paid that for one month, filed for a modification and has been dragging that out for 5 months. And they won't go after his license while he is in modification. Meanwhile, he owes $29,000+ in back support.
calooa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #11
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

How is he able to drag modification out there. He has tried several times to start the modification process here. He usually asks for a modification and then he is not the one who reveals his financial information. It has been less than 3 years here since he asked for the last one. I have told him countless times I would love to go back to court. I am going to let him do all the filing and pay for it since he did not pay( and is in contempt of court for not paying his half of the last legal fees). I am not sure what state you are in but he has to pay the back support unless there has been some error in the amount he is suppose to pay. I will let yo know how it all works out. If he is working he should pay.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #12
calooa Female
Finding my way

calooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportcalooa Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidisfirst View Post
How is he able to drag modification out there. He has tried several times to start the modification process here. He usually asks for a modification and then he is not the one who reveals his financial information. It has been less than 3 years here since he asked for the last one. I have told him countless times I would love to go back to court. I am going to let him do all the filing and pay for it since he did not pay( and is in contempt of court for not paying his half of the last legal fees). I am not sure what state you are in but he has to pay the back support unless there has been some error in the amount he is suppose to pay. I will let yo know how it all works out. If he is working he should pay.
He and his lawyer just dispute each and everything. And CSED just seems to be smitten with him, which really doesn't surprise me because he is such a schmoozer with the ladies.
calooa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

Update: I went to the CS office on June 11 when I found out that that the DL suspension had been lifted for some reason and there had been no support payment. Some how he went to the CS office and told them he simply did not want to talk about the case. i was furious, so I looked up numbers on the internet and found the number for the head lady in charge of CS in the state of Florida. They took a few days getting back to me and I spent an hour on the phone talking to one of her case worker assistants. She gave me the speech that they have several different things they do for enforcement. Anyway she told me the next suspension would stick unless he paid something. His dl warning should have started on July 2nd. I gave it until July the 9th and went back to the CS office. The computer system must have had a glitch. They gave me a supervisor and told me that they would be asking for 3 months and work verification of it being taken out of his next paycheck. I looked today and it appears that he is contesting it now and we are on our way to court!
Old 07-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

This makes me afraid to even start a case to collect CS. What happened to the deal where you report his failure to pay and they take it out of your hands after that? Then THEY keep track and go after him if he fails to pay...and it all comes through them?

Isn't that how yours works CU4A?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:17 AM   #15
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Blue, that's what she is talking about. Some states are more active in collecting. Depends. My state is pretty proactive -- once a fire is lit under the bottom of someone that is. That's what MyFirst is doing.

For me, I only get 143 a month. The time that everything takes to be this persistent is not worth it to me, so I don't push. never have.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #16
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

Yeah, I think if you do not push the process takes way longer. My last payment (very partial)was on April 9th. I have to wait and see what the date is for the court hearing, but basically it will have only taken me three months of no payments to get in front of a judge. I think in the state of Florida you have to be $500 behind for 30 days from your last payment. Mine has current support behind since he does not always pay the full support. Anyway as long as you pay something they do not enforce it, it could be $2 and they will not enforce. This is the first time he has went over two months without paying a dime. The enforcement office checked his driving record and realized that scaring him with a drivers license suspension may not do much good since he currently has 4 tickets that are threatening to suspend his licence again. 3 of them are for this Tuesday. I am just praying he does not find out about the court thing until after this weekend. He has visitation with my son. He keeps telling my son mommy is trying to throw him in jail.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #17
hhays76 Female
Parent on Board

hhays76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Indiana, or rather the county I live in does nothing unless I call and pester them!! I am done with it, let his cs add up, we like getting big fat tax checks!!! LOL
hhays76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
cf829 Female

I'd file contempt myself, and file for him saying that to your son!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

If I had the extra money to file something every time his dad said something like that I would not need child support.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #20
cf829 Female

Oh you can do it yourself. I do.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #21
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

anytime my ex gets behind I file for welfare... and when they ask on the form "what is is change is circumstance" I write, lack of child support...

and boy oh boy they [the state] gets moving on it then.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I use the links in this thread to file
http://singlefamilyvoices.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2695
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
Couperc Female
Parent on Board

Couperc has much to be proud ofCouperc has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your experience. I wish I saw better here in NY. Got a letter a few days ago....big shock, courts dropped his child support (we had seven together, five still at home, married 20 years), they dropped it from 800 a month to 324 a month because he retired and moved to Florida, doesn't work so he states. The lawyer told me that the law does not make anyone good morally, just applies the simple laws in place. Sometimes this seems to be applied differently. Since I am the more responsible one, more will be placed on me. If you make more money you pay more taxes philosophy. I am tempted to feel unfairly treated since I do all for my children, and he lives 1600 miles away. Just saying I understand your determination and think its healthy for you to be proactive. Yet, I am saying I am trying to focus on having to let go of what I think and know is fair. I am trying to focus on being happier around the kids and making them laugh, letting the injustice go, being grateful for my level of responsibility, and composure, hoping for better days. I'm grateful my kids have me. Not preaching at you, just trying to share my world.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

good thinking, motherboard!!!
Couperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

Everytime you file something here in court it costs you. Anyway, my court date is set for September. Wow something else to think about! Wonder if we could get a new law passed that said you are not able to retire until all your CS support is paid. Basically no retirement benefits until you paid CS.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #24
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

I'm pretty sure they will garnish retirement. They will garnish unemployment, SSI in my state.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #25
cf829 Female

True, I forget the filing fees. But here, I can ask that the fees be assessed to my ex. Granted he has yet to pay them, but still, possible you can recoup them.