Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Uses for Child Support - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
planetj Female
I am New

planetj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uses for Child Support

(Sorry this is not making much sense)
My ex "babysits" my kids afterschool, and is suppose to pay me child support. The parenting plan for the summer says every other week. We were discussing summer, extra curricular activities this evening. A few months ago he had looked into signing the kids up for dance/drama, I was under the impression he was willing to pay for it, (I had told him I can't afford it). This evening I suggested we look at it again next school year. I also told him that I saw advertisements for week long "camps" through the same place, suggested he look at them, and work with is budget, as options, for his weeks. We were also talking about swim lessons that would fall during both our times, (I had not asked for him to help me pay for swim lessons). He told me that he would not have a problem paying half of extra curricular activities if we had 50/50 custody. But since we don't, that he shouldn't have to pay for extra activities because that's what child support is for. And if I continue to deny the kids extra activities because he won't pay, then we just need to change the parenting plan to 50/50.

I take his comments has he wants them to be in extra stuff, but I need to pay for it.
I thought child support was to help cover the children's needs not to pay for extra activities, and I did not ask him to pay for swim lessons, (although I'd welcome half since, half the lessons, would be during his time). Suggestions
planetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
outinthsticks Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

outinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond reputeoutinthsticks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uses for Child Support

It sounds like you can at least talk and discuss these issues which is really great! I don't know what kind of CS support you are getting so it is hard to say. I know in my case I only get a few hundred a month, so it would never cover things like a dance class or swimming lessons. I email him about the opportunities and he never responds. I do the things I can on my budget and that is all I can do.
outinthsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 AM   #3
planetj Female
I am New

planetj is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes we can talk, he constantly tries to tell me, and convince Dr, Teachers, and the court that we need 50/50. He only suppose to pay a couple hundred a month, but he's 2,000 behind, he's also suppose to pay half of my child care, (they still attend before school, and non-school days).

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Should I have to pay for extra activities that he signs them up for, during his times, just because he pays me child support?
planetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

No. If its his time and he's using it to not take them to child care it's on him.

When I draft a parenting plan, I always have a provision they the parents are always responsible for have of all agreed upon activists like dance, so for and so on.

Child care goes for the basic needs of the child..... Not the extras.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #5
Tropico Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Tropico is an unknown quantity at this point

Child support is to partially cover the child's needs which are food, accommodation, power, clothing. Extras are extras. It's good that there is communication between the 2 of you. Good luck with it.
Tropico is offline   Reply With Quote