Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Medical Support - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
Hopefulmommy Female
On the Board

Hopefulmommy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Support

As part of our Child support order the ex is supposed to provide Health insurance benefits. The last card he gave me was effective last year. Is there a way to find out if it is still active?
Hopefulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Medical Support

I would call the company.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I can go online and look at benefits. I just say I forgot my login (and I did, I did register on there years back) It asks for the name, memberid and birthdate. Bet you know all that!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
Hopefulmommy Female
On the Board

Hopefulmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried to register online it always gives me a message that a plan under the given information is not found. If I call and enter the information it gives me the same kind of message. Because of the way our order is set up for any time (months) that he does not cover her he is supposed to pay a medical support payment. I am pretty sure he hasn't had coverage for a while but if I ask him he will just go get the same crappy coverage and not report the months he didn't cover her. Plus i have been covering her because my insurance covers more and has cheaper copays etc. there are no serious medical problems but at this point i am paying for orthodontic work which could get pricey. Any suggestions?
Hopefulmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #4
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Depending on WHEN you realized you no longer had medical coverage as ordered, you could go for contempt/back cash medical support. However, most medical support actions (at least in this area) have a time limit- you have to file within 90 days of the expense/not receiving a portion of the expense. How does your order work?? I would check the time limit. If you have let it go too long, you may not get it. And I'm not even sure you can collect back cash medical if you did not properly notify.

In my order my ex is to pay 68% of all medical costs after insurance. Since at the time of the order neither of us had insurance, it was split this way and ordered that whoever COULD get insurance at any point was to do so. Insurance became available through my husband, so I put R on it. But his dad still owes 68% of his expenses.... however I can only legally collect on them if I file within 6 months.

If I were in your position, I might file to modify the medical part of your order since your daughter is covered under your plan. I'd request that it be changed to him paying whatever percentage of medical expenses not covered by insurance since he hasn't covered her in x months and she has coverage through you.
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote