Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Nervous! Over the phone hearing! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-02-2014, 02:15 AM   #1
Gailya Female
I am New

Gailya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nervous! Over the phone hearing!

I a single mother to three kids. My son the oldest has an absent father. He is currently ordered to pay 24$ monthly and our three year review is here. I filled out all paperwork requesting a review and the child support enforcement office pulle his income records and determined it should be 532$ he works full time and has two other children with a woman he does not pay child support for and has a new pregnant wife. He has requested an over the phone hearing on the grounds the income information worksheet is incorrect and he has two other children to support. We have a hearing date and here are my questions:
1. Is child support based on your income from the last six months of the previous year?
2. If they pulled his income info from his employer I would assume it's correct. I think he "thinks" it's based off your current info when I believe it's based off the last six months of the previous year?
3. I too have two other children to support so I'd assume his cry that he has two others to "support" would be cancelled out by my same complaint.
4. What can I expect from this over the phone hearing? What do they ask? I heard they usually only last 30 min?
Thankyou in advance for your help and opinions. Going into this blind hoping for the best!
Gailya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:27 AM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Nervous! Over the phone hearing!

Child support is based over the last two years, actually.

non-joint children generally count in the calculations if your state is a shared model state. I don't know how your state calculates child support--- but in my state, those kids need to be accounted for.

A phone hearing is just like a regular hearing. The onus will be on him to prove that the income is not correct.