Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Ex Attempt to Modify - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-24-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
soccerfan192 Female
Board Blazen Parent

soccerfan192 is an unknown quantity at this point
rass Ex Attempt to Modify

So, the ex filed a while back, to modify CS. I get an Income and Expense report to fill out and return, which I did. A while later, I get a letter that the motion has been dropped, because the ex failed to file his Income and Expense report.
I get a call a few weeks back from my CS case worker. She wanted to get insight on the ex. While I had her on the phone, I was able to get verification that his GI bill can not be touched. BUT, found out that his BAH (housing allowance) can. I bet that's why he didn't fill out his Income and Expense report. So, she had called him about the filing, and I guess they had a long talk. She explained how there was a point that she told him how he could get a part time job. I'm not sure what his response was. Probably an excuse, since he's going to school. Maybe he can't handle it. I wasn't sure if knew that he owed money or how much, but now he does, since she told him.
I doubt anything will come of it, but it made me smile to know that his BAH could be messed with. Of course, once he starts a job after he's done with school (I imagine he's dragging things out until then), I will be getting something. If he doesn't find something that pays under the table. I don't know/think he realizes that that money is gonna continue to pile up and will never go away. Oh well....we'll see.
soccerfan192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #2
AamyluvroN Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

AamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant futureAamyluvroN has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ex Attempt to Modify

I don't understand why exes feel they can request for modification or not pay CS when its convenient for them. They are just as responsible for the child as much as the CP. I am glad you will be receiving something.
AamyluvroN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:06 PM   #3
JoieDeVivre Female
On the Board

JoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant future

LOL my ex did the same thing. He requested modification and then refused to give financial information. DOH... It's funny when these narcissist freeloaders are made accountable, finally! Good luck!
JoieDeVivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Every time the Motherthing took me to court CS was increased. It went from $30 a month with 4 boys at the divorce to $300 a month with 2 at home with me. I think she has figured it out and has stopped filing for frivolous and bogus reasons.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
JoieDeVivre Female
On the Board

JoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant futureJoieDeVivre has a brilliant future

$30/mo for 4 boys?!?!?! That probably didn't even cover the gallons of milk you had to buy! Sometimes the CS amounts seem so arbitrary.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:09 AM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

She told the court she was in collage and only worked part time as a school bus driver. Now she has her AA in education and part time subs and still drives. This is the longest she has ever held a job in her life, and it's only part time. She fudges on her CS work forms. I know she has more money from her husband and with 5 4 wheelers, 2 boats, a Class A motorhome and several newer Jeeps..... she and her husband have the toys, but I have my sons.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #7
JoieDeVivre Female
On the Board

Wow, Dad1st - that was well put. Clearly, you have your priorities straight. Thanks for showing your boys what it means to be a good dad.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #8
jannie Female
Banned For Spam

jannie is an unknown quantity at this point
angel Re: Ex Attempt to Modify

I have been going thru a child support battle with my ex I wrote a blog about it visit: *****SPAM REMOVED ******
jannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #9
iWontFailHim Male
I am New

iWontFailHim is an unknown quantity at this point

so i am a 24 year old rookie father and i also am having child support issues. I dont know what to do about it or who to turn to becuase hear in NC they are a mothering state so DSS and Child Support Enforcment both give me the run around and ignore. i recieved CS papers in the mail 2 weeks ago. and idk know what to do im self employed but barely bring in enough money(might as well be unemployed). my son's mother is takin out child support on me for getting a new girlfriend. but hold up

wait listen to this my child is 3years old and i have had him since he was days old!!!

but she is about to whip my ___ in court and murder me because here no good women always beats a good father. i stopped saving receipts when he hit 1.5 years old because i ddint feel it was necessary anymore. i can produce countless numbers of pics of him and 100's of character witnesses(lawyer..teachers..former bosses and damn near the whole charlotte and ANYONE who has ever came in contact with me). his mother dedicates her life to slandering my name..getting me locked up behind false alagations..threatning and keeping me down. idk wat to do. Im just terrorfied i may lose my lil man to this domestically violent n drug addicted . any words on battling child support? or am i at an automatic loss?

*if i posted this in the wrong spot im sorry..im new*
iWontFailHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:33 PM   #10
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hi,

I think you better get an attorney, and get one fast. They will know how to handle the witnesses, etc. And if you have an attorney friend--that you mentioned was one of your witnesses, ask him/her for a referral. They will understand your situation and hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote