Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Thoughts - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
friskymix Female
On the Board

friskymix is an unknown quantity at this point
beg or prayer Thoughts

Hello I have a question .... I finally got a call back from a lawyer who wants me to go in and fill out papers to make it official that I am taking my daughters father to court for support and custody.
At one point a month ago we talked about this and said I will arrange where you can have her every other weekend in which he said i work 10 days on and 4 days off and I said well we will make an arrangement with your work schedule in which he said that he lives to far to see his daughter and couldn't guarantee he could.... which made me feel upset as to the excuses but then I am unsure if you had read this on a previous post I had to fight for the help he gave me last friday.
He basically said I will send it when I send it and I thought that was unbelievably rude and cold and now that I have this court issue I feel like going through with it to make things easier on me and not to go through the battle of it all.
I don't want to be bitter about the situation.... So is this a good idea ?
I feel like he needs to own up to his responsibilities.
I'm kind of lost and I think it is because I am more worried about the backlash against me yes I shouldn't care but I just dont want to deal with his drama anymore help ...
friskymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:29 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: Thoughts

Child support is the right of the child, it has nothing to do with being bitter, though he may interpret it that way. That is beyond your control. Kids need things...clothes, food, shelter etc. Parents are supposed to provide this. He has a responsibility to do so. Has he been doing this? It doesn't sound like it. So on behalf of the child, you have to ensure the resources are there to provide. Plain and simple. What his reaction to all this is actually irrelevant.......this is about the child, not about him.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:31 AM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

What muskie said. Making things legal protects all parties and it makes a legal binding document. It is business.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:10 AM   #4
friskymix Female
On the Board

friskymix is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Thoughts

Thank you for your response I actually tried to do it without the court and talked to him about just me and him dealing and the agreement was that he would send something almost 4 weeks ago and never did and then he said he would see his daughter and send money last thursday and never showed up and never sent anything to find out he actually was still almost 6 hours away at a party which made me think his priorities are not right so again i said u need to send something for your kid he said he would friday morning and again never did and when i got upset and said i need something by late friday he said i will send it when i send it so this was him working with me i dont think it is he did end up sending something late friday after my brother got involved but why should it be this much of a hassle when all i was doing was trying to deal with it just me and him I do not want to do that again that was to hard to collect anything for his daughter I rather deal with the court
friskymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Yes, I agree with the others. This is the "business" side of parenting. Let the courts take care of it, and then you won't have to worry about collecting, it will just come via a third party and you don't have to be involved anymore. Good luck!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote