Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Child Support Case Hearing - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Child Support

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
Myandrissamom Female
I am New

Myandrissamom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Support Case Hearing

Hello,

I am here because i need some guidance, i just filed a child support case. Okay, so i live in maryland and my husband in DC. I filed the case and now, rather quickly, they say that they are waiting for a hearing. That was pretty fast and i am unsure as to what to expect. Has anyone here gone through child support in Maryland? I am not sure he has recieved anything in the mail because he has said nothing. I wonder if he has filed anything at all. At first, the update was that they were waiting to schedule for a group conference, now this, a hearing. Does anyone have any ideas? I am very nervous and worried that he is going to try to get custody of my girls. He is isn't really helping financially right now.
Myandrissamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Child Support Case Hearing

I believe that he will receive something in the mail notifying him that a case has been filed.

Has paternity been established? Were you ever married? Since you are seeking child support from him, yes he will likely want some custody sharing.

That is what the family court system would want also. Clarify, why did you file for child support if you believed that would open up a claim for custody?
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome to our Hide Out!
I cannot speak for MD, but in general just breath and go easy. Look at the CS hearing as an impartial look at the needs of your child and available resources. I know it's easier said than done, but keep emotions out, be professional. Think of it as a business that is there for taking care of the child.
Good luck, if you can have a friend or close relative who can go and be silent support go with you.

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
Myandrissamom Female
I am New

Myandrissamom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. I was thinking when he recieved something he would be ticked off and call but nothing. We are still married and his name is on both of their birth certificates. They are h is children. I dont mind sharing but I am worried about how much sharing, i don't want my children to be split 50/50 because they have different practices etc that he wouldn't get them to on a regular basis and i don't want to upset their lives anymore that it already has. I filed because he needs to provide financial assistance. As of right now, he is not doing so except for occasionally buying them some kind of food from subway etc if they ask. Other than that, there is no help.

I am worried because he is devious, I don't know what he has up his sleeves. He has gone out of his way to hurt me emotionally since I left. I am just worried about my children.
Myandrissamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Out of curiosity, do you have a court ordered custody arrangement?

The courts keep child visitation/custody separate from child support calculations. However, I think there are more than many here who have seen child support enforcement spur the other side into retaliatory legal proceedings. I don't mean to scare you or anything, it's just what I've seen.

But like dad1st wisely advised--it's difficult, but do think of child support enforcement as the 'business' side of parenting. be civil, keep emotions out of it, stick to the facts.

I would trust your instincts though about deviousness from your ex. (I have big time experience with a devious ex, unfortunately). Do you happen to have an attorney or have you consulted with one?

Good luck!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #6
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future

ok it is all good.

So I guess the question is. What kind of custody sharing do you think is reasonable?

How old are your kids? Have you done the online child support free calculators?
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:22 AM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

First, she filed for child support. That is an administrative hearing and has nothing to do woth parenting time and custody. That would happen if or when one party files for divorce. That line of questioning as it is confusing and a red herring as well as not helpful to the original question And those are not the questions she asked.

As a family law attorney, I will tell you that people often say nothing. They go silent as a way to punish or play head games with the other side. Just do what the court tells you to do.