Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Options for new moms in MA? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-25-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
msmltvcktl
Board Member

msmltvcktl is an unknown quantity at this point

So, can anyone tell me what social groups are out there for new moms in MA? I'm currently living in Leominster, but I'm a Cambridge transplant. So the need for some sort of social group is kinda neccesary right now. (I'm 28 and had to move back in with my parents..hehehe They're old and not much fun.) Plus, it would help me deal with this depression I'm struggling with.

Thanks!
-A
msmltvcktl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #2
ktdube
I am New

ktdube is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by msmltvcktl:
[qb] So, can anyone tell me what social groups are out there for new moms in MA? I'm currently living in Leominster, but I'm a Cambridge transplant. So the need for some sort of social group is kinda neccesary right now. (I'm 28 and had to move back in with my parents..hehehe They're old and not much fun.) Plus, it would help me deal with this depression I'm struggling with.

Thanks!
-A [/qb]
ktdube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
ktdube
I am New

Quote:
I am new to this website as well. I am 26 and live in Lowell, MA with my six month old son. I have been single for 2 months, but was still seeing the father until 3 weeks ago. Now, my child or I ahve not heard from him and 3 weeks...and if we do he is unwelcome.

I am disappointed that no one responded to your "social group" question. Maybe we could start our own. I dont live with my parents but they live literally 2 houses away. I am also rather depressed lately. How old is your child? Maybe we can chat. Good luck this weekend, weekends are hard for me.

[qb] So, can anyone tell me what social groups are out there for new moms in MA? I'm currently living in Leominster, but I'm a Cambridge transplant. So the need for some sort of social group is kinda neccesary right now. (I'm 28 and had to move back in with my parents..hehehe They're old and not much fun.) Plus, it would help me deal with this depression I'm struggling with.

Thanks!
-A [/qb]
Old 08-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Somewhere in here, this forum, there is some mention by Big Bobby of a single parenting group in the Ma area, although I think it is closer to the Boston area. I was never a part of it and can't for the life of me remember the name of it! I'm a Mass transplant living in Maine now.
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Parents without partners has a chapter that does activites in our area, but they're actually based in Burlington. Honestly, I went there and felt way young...you're a few years younger than me so you'd probably feel *really* young.

We've arranged get togethers on this board before for the Mass people...haven't done it in quite awhile though. I'm getting together with a Mom from this board (lives in Lawrence) next week to go hike/build a fire/make smores in Lowell State Forest (the woods back behind Boomers). I dunno about doing that with a 6 month old though, and I'd really need to talk to the other person before inviting more people along...

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 AM   #6
mamom9904
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

mamom9904 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI there,
I am 31 with three kids (almost 7 and twin 20 month olds) and officially divorced last month. I now live in Ayer with my parents, but lived in Leominster. Maybe we can start our own group for this area. What do ya think?

Amy

Quote:
Originally posted by msmltvcktl:

Thanks!
-A [/qb]
mamom9904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #7
ktdube
I am New

A group would be great. I am a teacher though and school starts next week and the start of the year is always crazy. I would like to be in a group for play dates, etc., but I don't think I could be the organizer. Any suggestions?
Old 08-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
msmltvcktl
Board Member

My situation has changed, unfortunately, for the worse. My parents have kicked us (myself and my month-old daughter) out of the house in order to call DSS on me. They have filed a 51A claiming that I can't take care of my baby! And this because I asked to be treated with respect. I should also mention that I am adopted; my ad-mom had a bio-daughter with severe disabilities who died. Anyone else think that she's jealous and/or trying to get MY baby for herself??

Know any good lawyers who practice family law...?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
Lurch
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Lurch is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, this one is working
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:13 AM   #10
msmltvcktl
Board Member

Geez, OK. I moved back in w/ my parents a while ago; things have smoothed out and we're actually geting along really well! I'd still like to get together with some other young moms / dads in the area. Amy (mamom9904), you still out there? My daughter's 10 wks old now, and getting sooooooo....cute. I should update her pic on here.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #11
Noana
Board Member

Noana is an unknown quantity at this point

I like how you have that basket with the towel in it for cushion. I might try that instead of getting a basinett.
Noana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:05 PM   #12
msmltvcktl
Board Member

hehehe..that was her favorite napping place. She usually sleeps with me.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:26 PM   #13
mamom9904
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

mamom9904 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad things are starting to smooth out for you. maybe we could pick a day and meet at the play place at the mall in leominster. Who ever wants to show up that would be great.

Amy
mamom9904 is offline   Reply With Quote